• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Build: 6.5C w some camo

Torchy

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2017
NV
Put together a good ole faithful 6.5 creedmoor. Let me know what yall think!

Action: Deviant with polish job then DLC coated. Also just had the barrel DLCed to since he had it.
Barrel: Bartlein 26" ss with 8.5-7.75 gain twist in heavy palma
Stock: J Allen in Nightstalker camo
Trigger: Timney Calvin Elite
Scope: ATACR 7-35x
Rings: Spuhr 1"
Suppressor: Ultra 7 6.5cal
Bipod: CAL

Here's the mess that needed to be assembled. Cleaned the barrel and checked out the smiths work. Looked nice inside. Got distance to lands and chamber measured. All seemed good.
[

Next up is set up the trigger. Pins went in with some tension just how we'd expect. Got total pull weight set to 15 oz, how I like it. And I know some people hate this trigger but I can't detect creep at all and pull weight is very consistent. It's a great combo with the deviant.

Next up is dropping it in the chassis. Have to check clearance on the safety. Got it all torqued down and all fit like a glove. There is a fine window of the receiver being perfectly flush with the cradle, but not that hard to find.

Then have to slap the rings and scope on top. Almost looks finished.

Final product. I like

I think she might be a shooter. Shot 10 rounds (the 10 off to the left) with 38.4 gr of h4350 as break in rounds. Top 5 were no can open threads just to make sure all was well. It was almost on target considering that is all new so I kept same point of aim and decided to group them. The bottom left was the next 5 rounds out the barrel with can on. Same point of aim as the first 5 so some drop with can on. Then the next 20 rounds were OCW after a scope adjustment. Oh and I did clean once after the first 10 rounds. Prob won't clean again for 100-400 rounds depending on what the barrel tells me. It likes 41 and 41.5 gr of H4350 it looks like.

Nice rifle. I've got 3 6.5's and they all shoot at around 41.5 Grs of H4350