• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New build and paint. pics added

Daniel Barham

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2006
Pine Hall, NC
Well, got a new build about finished. Working on the paint on the stock.
Not sure If I like it yet. Got a little finish work to do on the paint, then clear coat it with matte clear.
Howa WSM action, 7WSM, Broughton 1 in 9 medium palma taper at 26in, CDI DBM,
Manners T-4 stock at 3.2 lbs.
Stock started black, then set of David's
smile.gif
fishnets, Duracoat Woodland Tan, then stencils and a homemade brew Flat Dark Earth using 1 part ACU light with 6 parts of Woodland Brown. Then touched up around stencils with black. Actions drying now, will post pics of the completed build and range report later.

100_3705.jpg

100_3706.jpg

Re: New build and paint.

Slug I like it. The pattern has a great 3D effect. It's almost like you are looking through burnt out holes in the stock.

David

Both this 7WSM and the 300Whisper were full custom builds, Blueprinting and barrel chambering was done by Leonard Baity
or Baity's Custom Gunworks in N. Wilksboro. Baity does some fine work and his 1000 yard BR rifles speak for themselves at Hawks Ridge.

Looks nice! Those Manners T4s are sweet!
Let us know how it shoots!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg264</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slug I like it. The pattern has a great 3D effect. It's almost like you are looking through burnt out holes in the stock.

David </div></div>

I was thinking the same thing. Kinda like the outer layer is peeling away to show whats underneath. Pretty cool!

Very cool! I was just wrapping one up on a buddys scattergun that looks somewhat like that. Ill have to post a few pics this weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Don't fall. </div></div>

Ha, you must know me
laugh.gif

That looks pretty trick! I cracked-up when I seen your feet up on the two chairs to get the pic.

Lol, thanks for putting your life at risk to give us the pic's we need! ;-)

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very cool!

Don't fall. </div></div>

Dan tends to fall BEFORE the work is done. Not after!!!!

That is a nice job on the stock. How do you ever find anything on that camoflouged table top?
Good job-Rob

kind of reminds me of snake skin... looks cool!!! post some finished pics
smile.gif

Got it going together tonight. David got the trigger to come in at a very crisp 2 LBS. Not bad for the factory trigger. Bro got Ferrell to do a low profile 20 moa mount for this and a few other Howa's so got to finish getting that mounted and mount up the scope with the new Seekins and get this boy ready to shoot. Running out of time on tha action, so I just left it black and will finish it to match the stock after ASC. Will post pics of the whole thing tomorrow.

Looks good Dan, can't wait to see it fully assembled...

You going to paint the scope/barrel/action to match?

Jason,
I'll paint everything to match later. Just want it shooting now. Time is running out. It's going to be shot a ASC so don't have any more time to dick around with it. I'll get some picks of it finished up later today.

Here is the bedding before trimming
100_3663.jpg

Here it is assembled. Seekins rings, S&B 5-25 Gen II XR. Gotta get me a 6-9 Harris for the claws.
100_3734.jpg

100_3735.jpg