• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New build for 600 and 1000 IBS style matches

FreezeBomb

Private
Minuteman
May 2, 2019
Looking to build my first custom rifle with the primary focus of local completions at mainly 600 yards and some 1000 yards (IBS Style and I shoot in the tactical class with a bipod and rear bag). My only gun I have competed with so far has been my Tikka Tac A1 6.5CM and have had some good success with it and I don't plan on getting rid of the rifle (just a rebarrel at some point soon since its at around 2k rounds). This is totally a want and not a need. I have a couple years into shooting at range so I am hoping to get some advice from this community. I've had a blast doing local IBS competitions and may get into PRS/NRL down the road but that isnt a primary focus at the moment.

Rough Build for ~$3500 budget:
6BRA
27 inch Brux or Bartlein barrel 7.5 twist
Impact 737R or Defiance Deviant Action
MPA BA Comp or MDT ACC Chassis
Triggertech Diamond
Scope will probably be another Trijicon 10 mile since I loved how well that thing tracked on my Tikka. (Loved it for the value)

Anything sticking out with what i hope to do and the build I threw together? First custom rifle so I am learning a lot. Also, I reload as well.

Thanks