• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New build showed up

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
Well I have been dealing with Ryan over at IBI/ultimatum for a little bit now on some rimfire builds and figured it was time to try some of his centerfire stuff. Well I got the email today that my new 6br arrived! Im still waiting on my chassis to arrive threw it in a temp stock for the time being to start getting my barrel seasoned and brass once fired. So far I’m thoroughly impressed! First 5 rounds out of the gun print a nice little .297 moa group. Looking forward to getting to spend a bit more time with this. All groups were shot with a bipod and bag prone, expect the 300 yard group was shot off the tail gate. There is a winter storm just rolling in so struggled seeing the 300 yard target, white paper in a white out condition haha so I aimed for the tip of the orange post and dropped 2 mil in my scope to land me on paper.

Build specs;

- ultimatum deadline gen 2
- ibi viking mtu contour 1:7.5 twist 6br
- mdt elite (sitting in a manners prs1t)
- tt diamond flat shoe
- apex rival 4-32x56
- spearhead 4 port brake.

I’ll be finishing once firing all my brass then starting load development with Berger 105’s and varget.

66A97885-9714-4673-8BBE-669425D50D0F.jpeg
6B4AF3A6-16E1-4AC6-A8B9-70869F542E90.jpeg
9FD401CA-7B70-4B39-82AD-1CC469C4A5C8.jpeg
97FABBCF-4A37-484F-A5EC-15EA946339B3.jpeg
3DF4C8FC-B2BA-41B9-A6ED-20D8C3FE22A8.jpeg
2DEBEC66-932A-4F76-BCF3-57448077BB73.jpeg
E9ABF13D-0A7F-417B-BCD1-020A26266A1A.jpeg

That barrel looks ... pretty long! I'm sure you are getting all the velocity that the little 6mm BR has to give.

That barrel looks ... pretty long! I'm sure you are getting all the velocity that the little 6mm BR has to give.
It’s just the angle. 26” barrel. I’m just breaking it in with factory Lapua which has been pretty slow. Nice and soft on the brass for first firing.

Reactions: perttime
How do you like the Spearhead brake? Considering one for my CDG build.
It’s fantastic! It’s extremely effective! It’s by far the nicest quality brake I’ve ever seen as far as machining goes as well

I picked up an IBI Savage prefit for my Zermatt Origin and was very impressed with how well it shot. Took like 5 rounds to zero, the next 3 shot group was a clover leaf and every group after was the same.

Reactions: Matt_3479
Kind of a new build.
Krieger SS 28" 1/8" custom shank, chambered in .260rem.
Tikka T3X CTR action, TRG trigger.
KRG Whiskey chassis.
ZCO 527 scope.
JAKI Titanium suppressor.
Lapua Scenar handload 139gr.
5-shot´s at 100-meters.

Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
You're welcome.
Figured I don't have a nice rig like that, so I had to brag on something.;)
Oh just rubbing it in! Sitting in ice storm for the last 24 hours up here trying to sneak out in between spurts to get barrel broken in lol.

Kind of a new build.
Krieger SS 28" 1/8" custom shank, chambered in .260rem.
Tikka T3X CTR action, TRG trigger.
KRG Whiskey chassis.
ZCO 527 scope.
JAKI Titanium suppressor.
Lapua Scenar handload 139gr.
5-shot´s at 100-meters.

Looks good! The 260 is such a great round, but sold mine to fund this actually as I just never used it any more with so many other builds starting to pile up. Great shooting

Reactions: viking78
Yeah, it is a reloader caliber, ammo in shop is super expensive.
For us, so is the BR. The 260 was my first build and did things differently then I wanted do to influence of a few peoples suggestions and always regretted it. So I eventually stopped using it due to the fact I didn’t love the build so I figured I’d sell it for something I’d prefer. I’d like to build another 6.5 but would probably try the x47 instead

For us, so is the BR. The 260 was my first build and did things differently then I wanted do to influence of a few peoples suggestions and always regretted it. So I eventually stopped using it due to the fact I didn’t love the build so I figured I’d sell it for something I’d prefer. I’d like to build another 6.5 but would probably try the x47 instead
Try it with a Krieger barrel if it did not worked earlier.
I had a love relation with the factory barrel, i shoot about 6000 rounds thru it, still was 0.3 MOA rifle, but the speed came down.
Took this Krieger with special measere, so it can be tuned ;)
.260 Remington barrel life is way longer than 6.5Creedmoor, maybe slightly slower, but that ain´t a problem.

;)

Last edited:
Try it with a Krieger barrel if it did not worked earlier.
I had a love relation with the factory barrel, i shoot about 6000 rounds thru it, still was 0.3 MOA rifle, but the speed came down.
Took this Krieger with special measere, so it can be tuned ;)
.260 Remington barrel life is way longer than 6.5Creedmoor, maybe slightly slower, but that ain´t a problem.

;)

Oh it wasn’t the accuracy that was an issue. The rifle shot absolutely incredible, I just cut a corner where I didn’t want too and took a couple steps due to suggestions when I really wanted something else for my first build. It always bothered me and I just didn’t love the build even though it was beautiful built rifle and shot incredible. Just not exactly what I wanted

IBI running the Ultimatum is good thing.
Between the Trigger tech, MDT chassis, IBI barrel and action I did my job of supporting the Canada vendors.;)
I’m in the same boat. I wanted to try a Canadian build, so went with the ultimatum, Ibi, trigger tech, mdt is on its way, spearhead brake and apex optics

IBI running the Ultimatum is good thing.
Between the Trigger tech, MDT chassis, IBI barrel and action I did my job of supporting the Canada vendors.;)

Canadian companies have come a long ways.

MDT is absolutely killing it with their products, they are the defacto top tier chassis manufacturer at the moment. Insite Arms does a great job with their gunsmithing and products. Tangent Theta is an alpha tactical/precision optics company. There's also Cadex, PGW, etc. As a Canadian, it's pretty cool to see how far this industry has evolved in Canada. There's some top notch stuff coming out of that country.

I have my reservations about IBI and Ultimatum. The design elements behind the Ultimatum actions are just bizarre to me and don't make sense. IBI had some issues at the beginning with quality, which are allegedly rectified but none in my Canadian precision shooting circles will touch them anymore. I haven't seen enough yet that would make me feel good picking an Ultimatum over a LP, Impact or ARC, or an IBI over a Krieger, Bartlein or HH.

I have my reservations about IBI and Ultimatum. The design elements behind the Ultimatum actions are just bizarre to me and don't make sense. IBI had some issues at the beginning with quality, which are allegedly rectified but none in my Canadian precision shooting circles will touch them anymore. I haven't seen enough yet that would make me feel good picking an Ultimatum over a LP, Impact or ARC, or an IBI over a Krieger, Bartlein or HH.
The issues with ibi had been rectified quite a few years ago and only seem to be getting better and better. There is tons of shooters and good shooters in Canada running ibi’s. They are the dominate force for rimfire barrels for sure in Canada and have proven to be hammers. I’ve been dealing with Ryan for a year or so now on 4 different rimfire builds and his service and help has been top notch through them and they shoot super well! I figured should give his centerfire barrels a try and an action.

I’ve been collecting different custom actions for each new build for a some time now, so it was about time to try his as my list of actions is dwindling down. The deadline while not a true 700 footprint due to mag catch. Mdt has the part for this and any chassis with adjustable mag catch will work. The action seems super nice so far and I’m pretty impressed.

I know of a bunch of shooters, both prs and f-class running ibi’s for a couple years and have been very pleased with them. While you are bringing up an early days issue I think it might be time to reconsider. Not only with quality of there barrels significantly improving and I know my personal sample is small I would put it against my benchmark’s and bartleins in terms of accuracy any day of the week. I’m not claiming they are a better barrel but I don’t believe they are any lesser either. Between ibi and ks arm, Canada is producing some seriously barrel. I’ve switched from benchmark and bartlein to ks a couple years ago and have a second ibi coming. If it holds as true as this one so far then I’ll be using ks and ibi pretty much exclusively.

With lead times of 6-8 weeks on average it’s pretty nice turn around for excellent quality.

Reactions: kthomas
I have a 6BR barrel from IBI and my results are similar to yours. Mine is a nutted prefit on a TL3. A box of lapua factory ammo averaged in the .3s-.4s across 50 rounds. With handloads it's been quite impressive. I have no issues with IBI barrels and will be getting more without a doubt. I also run a deadline with a PVA 6 creed barrel in an ACC. Really love that action as well. I was nervous due to internet reports on them but my experience has been all positive so far. Nice build!!

I also run a deadline with a PVA 6 creed barrel in an ACC. Really love that action as well.
barrel nut or shouldered barrel?

Agree.
6 Creedmoor action has 3500 rounds and 308 has 1000 rounds in the short term they been working , long term who knows...

Last edited:
Barrel nut. I'm in Canada and a shop up here had a great price on some bare bones PVA barrels. I mainly buy shouldered barrels these days

105 hybrid? I wish they were more available up here. Looking good though