• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

new build starting this week comming 223 or 300?

*greenhorn*

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Daytona, Fl
ok i was going to build a AR-10 but decided to stay with the 223 but my question is now stay with 223 or go with 300 black out???? is their any differences do i have to get different mags and or bolt carrier i have not bought the barrel yet???

heres the list of on order and waiting on the green light from the admrial this does not include optics <span style="color: #FF0000">does not include shipping</span>

bought:
(Hide Members)
CMMG striped upper ................ 100.00
Magpul: Afg grip

(Brownells)
Spike Tact. striped .................. 125.98
AR-15 lower reciver parts kit

(Valhalla Tactical)
Yankie Hill carrier /w bolt ........... 189.99
UTG free float quad rail Rifle

(Ebay)
Magpul: ergo grip .................... 363.74
Magpul: prs butt stock
Magpul: pmags x3
Magpul: MBUS Gen 2
Magpul: Ladder Rail Panel
Magpul: MOE Trigger Guard
Magpul: BAD lever
anib. safety selector

(local)
pelican case ........................ 199.99

........................................====979.69

hopeing to oder after the 1st

20" barrel havent decided on maker
gas block probly JP
muzzel bake
optics
and re-zeroing quick detach mount
harris bipod and atlas monopod

Re: my new build starting this week comming

I will just throw this out there... You might want to go a different route then the UTG Quad, they are cheap but for a reason, spend a few more dollars and get a decent rail setup.

Agreed on the UTG.. I would have skipped the Pelican case and put that $$ into building a more rugged rifle that wouldn't need a overbuilt case :)

If you want to go with a cheap rail go with a YHM. I've messed with a UTG rail and quality is crap... Go with something a litte better quality and if you ever sell the rifle you will get a little bit more money out of it.

i dont understand i have a UTG on my comp 3 gun i don't see the cheapness in it? and ive weighed it against the Daniel Defense it is a little heaver but when properly installed i see no real difference?? lot of people say the stuff and i have said it before till i shot one. i agree the drop-ins are not good and heavy, but the "pro" witch i have performs very well out to 300 yrds.

Re: new build starting this week comming 223 or 300?

I would go with the 300 blackout! Everything is the same as 223 except the barrel. +1 for the YHM rail! Light & well made for the money!

Is there a good thread on 300 blackout? Searching kinda gets bits and pieces. If not, let's make one. It looks like a promising round that's very easy to get into - just a barrel!
In the same place as the OP... have a couple lowers sitting here demanding more parts!

Im sure there are threads here on the blackout, but we do need a new one with new stuff. I have a 5.56 & 300 blackout, both are great in their right! But for the OP the blackout is new & just fun to shoot! A buddy & I reload for it & just enjoy shooting it. If I had to pick one to shoot for enjoyment & to plink with, it would be the blackout hands down. Choosing a upper to build of any kind always depends on what you want to do with it! Thats why I have a couple different ones in different calibers. But i must say the blackout is one of the most fun to reload for & shoot!

300 blk is a cool round i just picked up my 9" upper for my SBR and havent shot it yet. The cool thing about 300 blk is that if your into reloading you can trim and form your once fired 223 brass into 300blk brass. It was also developed with silencers in mind, with 220 gr subsonic ammunition its quieter than and MP5SD. Ive sent my paper work into the atf so in ten years or so (i think thats the current wait time at batfe) ill be the proud owner of a supressed 300blk PDW. there probably is a forum for the round just google it and try too find some good kernels of info amongst the rabble!
heres a pic of the rounds side by side!
photo.jpg

Maybee UTG has stepped it up in recent years..... Either way it's your rifle build use what you like and what you feel comfortable with... That's pretty much all that matters.