• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New builds

bmash

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 21, 2018
Zachary, LA
You guys are killing me! I am tired of stretching and cleaning AR brass (gets really worked and dirty with a suppressor) and very dirty AR bolts and barrels (again suppressor) when prairie dog hunting, so I decided to build a 204 and 223 bolt gun. I have lots of brass for both.
i bought a model 7 donor rifle and a Muller Works barrel to build one since I already have a chassis and extra model 7 stock. I was going to buy a model 700 and use for a while but started reading the thread on Defiance Deviant 2.0 and the one on truing a 700 action vs custom actions so i ordered a deviant this morning. Now I need a trigger (I love Huber triggers), another chassis (maybe a Bravo or Oryx), a barrel (Brux, Bartlein, or Muller Works), and of course the Smith work. Now to sell some stuff?. Thanks for the help!!

Let me know if any ideas going forward. I’ve got a couple of months before the defiance action is ready.

Chassis - Bravo
Barrel - Bartlein
Trigger - Trigger tech primary (or higher if you want)
Send it all to LRI. New rifle in a week or two.
I am thinking a Bartlein if I can find one. Kenny Porter (Porter Precision
in Lake Jackson, TX - just south of you) - is my gun smith. He does great work and is fast.

Reactions: sierracharlie338