• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Burris XTR3i/Pro vs Leupold Mk5

YotaEer

Montani Semper Liberi
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2019
Pittsburgh
Looking at some comparisons between the new Philippine made XTR3i/Pro vs Leupold mk5.

Really like my Leupold mk5 and think it’s, from what I’ve tried $2k and under, the best crossover type scope. My only complaints are the noticeable CA and non illuminated reticle. The CA is annoying but by no means a deal breaker. What’s more problematic (for me) is the lack of illumination. Mk5 is really bright and good at “low light” but once you get to really low light in a hunting situation, you need that illumination. This happened to me last weekend and I couldn’t get a shot because I simply couldn’t see the reticle anymore.

I have zero experience with anything Burris, so looking for input on the new illuminated XTR options in comparison. They seem to be gaining traction on the hide.

I’m sure bird dog will be here within minutes…

Looking at some comparisons between the new Philippine made XTR3i/Pro vs Leupold mk5.

Really like my Leupold mk5 and think it’s, from what I’ve tried $2k and under, the best crossover type scope. My only complaints are the noticeable CA and non illuminated reticle. The CA is annoying but by no means a deal breaker. What’s more problematic (for me) is the lack of illumination. Mk5 is really bright and good at “low light” but once you get to really low light in a hunting situation, you need that illumination. This happened to me last weekend and I couldn’t get a shot because I simply couldn’t see the reticle anymore.

I have zero experience with anything Burris, so looking for input on the new illuminated XTR options in comparison. They seem to be gaining traction on the hide.

I’m sure bird dog will be here within minutes…
I just picked up a Xtr 3-18 and I own a 5-25 mark . I was super impressed with the burris! Glass is on par with the mark 5. Its super bright as well. I am glad I picked it up. I would guess the pro would be even better

Reactions: YotaEer
Also have the XTR3i 3-18 and don't think you can go wrong with it! Punches way above it's price class IMO.

Found a great deal in the PX on a 5.5-30 XTR3i. Looking forward to comparing them this weekend

Reactions: zman15
I've owned both and still have multiple Burris. The Leupy was just an outlier in too many ways (odd tube size, 12.5 mils per rev, wanky windage knob, reticle choices) I liked both but preferred the feature set on the Burris.

Dumb question. But are you 100% centered in your optic? My Mark 5 had noticable CA, then I realized my cheek riser was little too high. Once I was centered it basically went away completely.

Dumb question. But are you 100% centered in your optic? My Mark 5 had noticable CA, then I realized my cheek riser was little too high. Once I was centered it basically went away completely.

Agreed it’s not as bad when you’re centered and it’s really not terrible anytime. It is noticeable compared to some of its competitors though.