• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes New Bushnell Rangefinder Binocs???

shootnfarmer

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2009
Does anyone have any experience with these? If so I would love any input you might have...

Thanks

Shaun

Re: New Bushnell Rangefinder Binocs???

Not sure which ones you are talking about; but I have Bushnell 8x36 Yardage Pro binoculars and they work good for me for the price. I can get out to 800 yards regularly and have ranged out to 900 yards with some success. At 1,000 yards it is not consistent. regards, Dale.

The bushnell Fusion 1600??

Yep I got a pair and I could not be happier! I have yet to do a lot of field testing but everyone that I have handed them to for a quick look over was very impressed. SWFA was great to deal with when ordering and it is the second purchase that I have made with Chris (1st was the FFP spotter). The only draw back so far ( A VERY MINOR ONE) is that the illumination in bino's can be somewhat dim in very bright sunlight. At first I was a little more disappointing in this but as I use them I have gotten much more used to it. In lowlight situations the illumination MUST be turned down and the glass is VERY clear in the lowlight situations. Anyone near the Dallas area is welcome to PM me if they would like to check them out. I think CKA is going to do a full write up on them and he has access to some higher end LRF Binos to compare them to.

Later,
NOmag

Thanks a bunch NOMag, that was what I was looking for, appreciate it

Anyone else on the ranging capabilities?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone else on the ranging capabilities? </div></div>

Ive hit a small sign (very reflective!) at 765 yards in a light mist/rain. Bounced off small stuff at 200-500 but nothing hardcore yet but hope to test it out better soon.

NOmag

I was seriously considering these, didn't have the coin to drop on Geos but was waiting on someone to give feedback/review

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOmag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bushnell Fusion 1600??

Yep I got a pair and I could not be happier! I have yet to do a lot of field testing but everyone that I have handed them to for a quick look over was very impressed. SWFA was great to deal with when ordering and it is the second purchase that I have made with Chris (1st was the FFP spotter). The only draw back so far ( A VERY MINOR ONE) is that the illumination in bino's can be somewhat dim in very bright sunlight. At first I was a little more disappointing in this but as I use them I have gotten much more used to it. In lowlight situations the illumination MUST be turned down and the glass is VERY clear in the lowlight situations. Anyone near the Dallas area is welcome to PM me if they would like to check them out. I think CKA is going to do a full write up on them and he has access to some higher end LRF Binos to compare them to.

Later,
NOmag </div></div>

I think not being able to see the display in bright light goes with the territory on these things. I have the Zeiss, and can't see the display either. I have not been able to find any brand that has a black display, which is what I want. For the money these things cost you would think they could allow you to switch colors of the display. I would guess that anybody that has any degree of color blindness may experience this issue. I have emailed Zeiss and they said they can't change it, but have not been able to hook up with them on the phone yet. The red is good in low light, but completely washes out for me in bright light or against lighter colored objects. YMMV.

The Bushnell has a brightness control in the menu that allows you to turn it up in Bright daylight and down in the lowlight conditions but as you said no color change that I am aware of. I am getting more used to it and can see it and it is use-able but I would just like it a bit brighter. All in all so far I am VERY happy with them.

Thanks
NOmag

mmmmm ive been waiting patiently for more reviews to come out

glad to hear you guys are having success with this product... I would love geo's or zeiss LRF but dont have the coin to drop on such products.

I just got back from Sportsmans Warehouse, and they had the Leica Geovids, and Fusion 1600. After I turned the brightness all the way up on the Fusion, I had very little trouble reading it compared to the Leica or Zeiss. The angle measurement display is pretty neat also. The range display seemed quite a bit brighter to me than the Leica and Zeiss, but the glass and eyecups were inferior. I guess this is to be expected for 1/3 to 1/4 of the price of the Leica and Zeiss. Fusion glass was pretty decent, but certainly wasn't comparable to me, as I have read some people felt it was competitive with higher end binos. Did range some prairie dog holes at 720 yards in bullseye mode when we went outside to examine them and some brick buildings at 1,100 yards.