• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New can from silencerco

Jnull

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
Got an email earlier for a new sico can called the scythe-Ti. Full titanium, 6.16”long 1.73” diameter and 7.3oz. It also has an optional low profile brake that can be ran on the end and no barrel length restrictions which is surprising.

This is straight from the email

“It's the quietest suppressor
we've ever tested on .300 WM.”

I can’t imagine they tested too many cans to come to that conclusion, I have a hard time believing this is quieter than my magnus or even dominus for that matter.

Admittedly I’m not a big sico fan anymore, I have a few of their cans from a decade ago when i first started getting suppressors and somehow those are the same suppressors they’re still selling today. The omega is a solid performer and the anchor brake works surprisingly well but it’s heavy by todays standards and was never updated in any way to alleviate the separation of the outer shell to the baffle stack issue they have. If you’re going to keep selling the same shit at least try and modernize them a bit, they changed the locking mechanism on the ospreys but they’re untouched otherwise. There was nothing at all they could do to increase performance while they were at it?

Reactions: USK308
This actually looks like a decent can.

Not sure I would pick it over say a TBAC, but definitely the most intriguing option currently available from SiCo.

My wife has an Omega, and it's a decent can for what it is. I wouldn't pick it over other options currently available today, but it does the job she needs it to do fairly well.

This actually looks like a decent can.

Not sure I would pick it over say a TBAC, but definitely the most intriguing option currently available from SiCo.

My wife has an Omega, and it's a decent can for what it is. I wouldn't pick it over other options currently available today, but it does the job she needs it to do fairly well.

Don’t get me wrong I like my omega it was a great can 8 or 9 years ago but I don’t grab it over my dominus or Helios QD Ti that are a similar size but much lighter.

I probably wouldn’t buy one of these but I’m interested to see peoples thoughts on it, it is nice seeing sico do something different for a change. Saying a can this size is the quietest they’ve tested on 300wm is awfully bold tho.

Don’t get me wrong I like my omega it was a great can 8 or 9 years ago but I don’t grab it over my dominus or Helios QD Ti that are a similar size but much lighter.

I probably wouldn’t buy one of these but I’m interested to see peoples thoughts on it, it is nice seeing sico do something different for a change. Saying a can this size is the quietest they’ve tested on 300wm is awfully bold tho.

Definitely a bit disingenuous to state it's the quietest can - especially without any data to back that statement up.

The Omega is a good all-around can. It's just a bit dated. You can certainly find any number of cans that will outperform it in almost every metric today.

All that said, I think this new can is good update for SiCo's line. I like where they are heading.

25mkz5.jpg

There's a video I watched earlier. When they said no barrel restrictions I laughed. Some of their video seems like there might be some burning titanium sparks.

Wow! That’s impressive! I didn’t know it was possible to rip-off Dead Air, KGM, Diligent Defense, AND Otter Creek labs all at the same time… 😂

And if a 6” can was “the quietest can on a .300WM that they’ve ever tested”… That sure says a lot about the rest of their shitty lineup. 🤣

SiCo is for hacks, fudds, and NRgAy members.

Wow! That’s impressive! I didn’t know it was possible to rip-off Dead Air, KGM, Diligent Defense, AND Otter Creek labs all at the same time… 😂

And if a 6” can was “the quietest can on a .300WM that they’ve ever tested”… That sure says a lot about the rest of their shitty lineup. 🤣

SiCo is for hacks, fudds, and NRgAy members.

It's a tube with baffles...

I'm not a huge SiCo guy, but I fail to see where they violated anyone's IP?

I'd like to see the guts.

Don't see many folks running 6" cans on a 300wm.

Reactions: FuhQ
It's a tube with baffles...

I'm not a huge SiCo guy, but I fail to see where they violated anyone's IP?
Dude, I’m not saying they violated IP, but it looks just like all of the above, the naked finish looks like the Nomad-Ti, and the length and diameter are close, too. The brake looks like an R30. The can’s squareness at the base and engraving style looks like the Enticer (minus the lines), and being able to see the baffles is kind of an OCL style look. Just saying that it looks like an amalgamation of all of them.

Dude, I’m not saying they violated IP, but it looks just like all of the above, the naked finish looks like the Nomad-Ti, and the length and diameter are close, too. The brake looks like an R30. The can’s squareness at the base and engraving style looks like the Enticer (minus the lines), and being able to see the baffles is kind of an OCL style look. Just saying that it looks like an amalgamation of all of them.

There's only so many ways a suppressor can look. I don't think its fair at all to say SiCo ripped off any of those companies.

Silencerco had the Omega9K out for years before OCL came into existence. The exposed baffle and weld look isn't anything new.

Reactions: kthomas
Silencerco had the Omega9K out for years before OCL came into existence. The exposed baffle and weld look isn't anything new.
Yeah, but we all remember what a shitshow those were with weld problems, off-center apertures in the baffles and end caps, etc…

Buy this or the nomad ti?
I’d take a chance on Dead Air before SiCo, but that’s just my opinion.

You could always look into the TBAC Ultra 7 HUB, or the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S. Basically same performance as the Nomad-Ti, without the QA issue risk… They’re great cans. 👍🏼

Reactions: JLuna575
Are you saying Dead Air ripped off SiCo for shitty QA/QC 🧐
You’re getting pretty defensive. You must be a disgruntled SiCo owner to justify their shitty QC by slinging mud and deflecting to DA’s (KGM’s) recent QC issues.

I must be the only one excited for this can. As long as their isn’t QC issues, which my hybrid and omega have been fine. Then I’ll likely have one. Been looking for a super light can that has reduced recoil, short length, and OD of greater than 1.5”. I have an R30 in jail that was going to fill that role but the scythe is nearly what I’m looking for. Price is a little high given that as mentioned it’s priced like TBAC. But i was looking at the Alaskan Ti otherwise.

I must be the only one excited for this can. As long as their isn’t QC issues, which my hybrid and omega have been fine. Then I’ll likely have one. Been looking for a super light can that has reduced recoil, short length, and OD of greater than 1.5”. I have an R30 in jail that was going to fill that role but the scythe is nearly what I’m looking for. Price is a little high given that as mentioned it’s priced like TBAC. But i was looking at the Alaskan Ti otherwise.

People are very cliquish about their suppressor brands.

I think that's because there's a big desire for self confirmation of their purchase, given what an ordeal it is to buy suppressors and you're stuck with them for life.

Personally I think there's a lot to like in this new suppressor. I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for getting one.

I am right there with you. Every point you hit upon is exactly what I am looking for as well. There isn't a lot of options for short, lightweight suppressors with a larger od. The price is a little higher than I would want to pay for a sico suppressor though.

I think that's because there's a big desire for self confirmation of their purchase, given what an ordeal it is to buy suppressors and you're stuck with them for life.

Personally I think there's a lot to like in this new suppressor. I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for getting one.
No doubt. I’m a fan. I’m not very cliquish with my cans TBAC withstanding. Which hell i only have one. The only can company i haven’t really cared for deadair and Q. Deadair cause i never really saw the appeal and Q cause lack of muzzle devices.
I am right there with you. Every point you hit upon is exactly what I am looking for as well. There isn't a lot of options for short, lightweight suppressors with a larger od. The price is a little higher than I would want to pay for a sico suppressor though.
Definitely higher than i want to pay but I’m not sure there is another option

No doubt. I’m a fan. I’m not very cliquish with my cans TBAC withstanding. Which hell i only have one. The only can company i haven’t really cared for deadair and Q. Deadair cause i never really saw the appeal and Q cause lack of muzzle devices.

Definitely higher than i want to pay but I’m not sure there is another option
I'm not going q for anything based on Kevin's responses when he was here a few years ago. Can still look them up. Search his name with an @.

Reactions: FuhQ and AMGtuned

I'll be the first one to say it... Got 3 sico cans and regret all 3....

They work but all of them are marginal in performance to competitors cans in the same class imo. I would never beta test for them ever

Reactions: FuhQ and TheOE800
x2lEGUj.jpg

sxSj4d5.jpg

So it's a tubeless ti omega with a new "anchor brake"...

Such innovation.

Also I highly doubt those db numbers, especially with a brake. Regardless peak db is mostly meaningless and isn't a reliable indicator of auditory risk. Especially without context of barrel length, ammo, etc

• Haha
x2lEGUj.jpg

sxSj4d5.jpg

Such innovation.

Also I highly doubt those db numbers, especially with a brake. Regardless peak db is mostly meaningless and isn't a reliable indicator of auditory risk. Especially without context of barrel length, ammo, etc
Prolly tired of the tubes coming unglued on the regular omega and the hybrid.....

Prolly tired of the tubes coming unglued on the regular omega and the hybrid.....
I had my Hybrid inner core launch into the moons orbit. Silencerco was easy to deal with and replaced the core under warranty. That was the moment I knew not to shoot a 300NM like I do with smaller calibers and to go ahead and order that TBAC Gen 2 SR .

My hybrid was unglued until dead air fixed it lol...

I'm local to sico and they wanted to charge me to fix it....lol was like naaaa. Todd at dead air is also local and helped me keep it from ungluing again 😜.

I'm local to sico and they wanted to charge me to fix it....lol was like naaaa. Todd at dead air is also local and helped me keep it from ungluing again 😜.
My buddy just cleaned the threads and rocksett it. It's been good so far lol.

I can't believe they wanted to charge you.

x2lEGUj.jpg

sxSj4d5.jpg

Such innovation.

Compared to a Nomad L or an Ultra 9, it’s hard to believe they came up with any secret sauce. When it comes to slowing down gases (which is all a can really does), there’s no replacement for displacement.

PS - the permanence of cans really is a bummer. I was all hyped on my Sandman L, then WAY better cans for my application came out two years later. C’est La vie.

Their cs is hit or miss. I'm sure if I just drove over there they prolly would have fixed it. They cs guy I delt with when I called was extremely rude and arrogant.

On the other hand I had one or 2 end caps get hit and they swapped them for free....

I'll be the first one to say it... Got 3 sico cans and regret all 3....

They work but all of them are marginal in performance to competitors cans in the same class imo. I would never beta test for them ever
this.

Their cs is hit or miss. I'm sure if I just drove over there they prolly would have fixed it. They cs guy I delt with when I called was extremely rude and arrogant.

On the other hand I had one or 2 end caps get hit and they swapped them for free....
Had a few coworkers that used to work for them as machinists. Said don't work there.

Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S... 7" x 1.62" dia. 9 baffles. HUB threads. Only 9.3 ounces. Super quiet for its size. $850 at most places.

x2lEGUj.jpg

sxSj4d5.jpg

Such innovation.

SiCo would NEVER lie about their DB numbers to boost sales...

greta-how-dare-you.gif

Todd and Mike are both great dudes. I used to talk with them regularly on IG and on here. But with the recent move of production, they've been nearly MIA. And despite the recent KGM issues with QA/QC/Warranty Repairs, and for the bad batch of Stellite in the Sierra... DA builds pretty good and innovative cans. I'm happy with all 4 of mine, and have had 0 issues.