• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Cellphone

madppcs

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2011
    Forest hill, Louisiana
    Im looking for a new phone. Im not going back to Apple, Ive had Samsung phones for the last 8 years and I like the Android operating system. However, my current Samsung S10+ is beginning to have connection problems. I have to turn on/off airplane mode at least 10 times per day, or restart my phone just as many times to reconnect to my carrier service (AT&T).
    Id like to move onto a different phone . I like the Asus ROG phones. Does anyone have experience with them?

I'm in the wireless industry actually. The ROG phones are great for gaming but the build quality isn't there. Stick to major manufacturers. LG is what I use. Same internal hardware specs as Samsung, less money, beautiful OLED displays, 2 year warranty if you register them and the cameras are great (for a cell phone). The current gen of Samsungs aren't great, the new galaxies are bricking left and right, with no damage. My wife has a Note 10 and has had nothing but problems. Sad because they typically produce great products but their most recent just aren't. If you like the size of your S10+ then you'll want to go with the V series from LG. G series are the smaller devices.

Im looking for a new phone. Im not going back to Apple, Ive had Samsung phones for the last 8 years and I like the Android operating system. However, my current Samsung S10+ is beginning to have connection problems. I have to turn on/off airplane mode at least 10 times per day, or restart my phone just as many times to reconnect to my carrier service (AT&T).
    Id like to move onto a different phone . I like the Asus ROG phones. Does anyone have experience with them?

Glad to hear you're not going with Apple however. Cannot stand iPhones in the slightest.

Reactions: madppcs
    The best phone OS's were either killed off or still born by MSFT/Nokia. Symbian, Meego, and Windows Phone :).

Ive been happy with my Pixel 4.

Coming from a Note 8. And before that another Samsung Galaxy(maybe the 6 or something). A few LG phones.

Pixel is solid. Has zero bloat bull shit on it. Camera is great. I read a lot of negative things on the battery life, but mine gets me through a day no problem, but I am probably not considered a "power user" or whatever... im not on my phone constantly.

I have solemnly vow not to use anything made in China so Iphone is always out of the equation.

There are s many other brands of smart phone but i don't understand why people limit their options between Apple and Samsung.

The Pixel is an outstanding device. There were some quality issues in the early models but once Google bought a factory and took over manufacturing themselves they've been great. I do get a LOT of complaints on battery life on the standard 4, the XL has a bigger battery so no complaints there.

Ive been happy with my Pixel 4.

Coming from a Note 8. And before that another Samsung Galaxy(maybe the 6 or something). A few LG phones.

Pixel is solid. Has zero bloat bull shit on it. Camera is great. I read a lot of negative things on the battery life, but mine gets me through a day no problem, but I am probably not considered a "power user" or whatever... im not on my phone constantly.

The Pixel is an outstanding device. There were some quality issues in the early models but once Google bought a factory and took over manufacturing themselves they've been great. I do get a LOT of complaints on battery life on the standard 4, the XL has a bigger battery so no complaints there.

I went with the normal 4 vs. the XL. I had the Note 8 prior to this and was just over having such a huge phone. I dont regret my choice at all.

I have been looking at the New Samsung Galaxy fold, Its an amazing smart phone with lots of function and its so cool. Samsung phones are far more innovative than Iphones... I think Iphone will fall down like BlackBerry did. They have been releasing new phones with the same function, Maybe a little difference with the cameras but not much difference in between.

Just remember to check for bluetooth compatibility if you plan on syncing your phone to a vehicle.

I bought my parents a brand new Samsung A10e and after weeks to trying to figure out the problem, I found out the phone was "not compatible" with their 2020 vehicle. I never even knew it was a thing...

I really want to move to an open source phone
    but not sure any of them are really good yet

I have basic needs, call text and maybe run 1 or 2 apps

I am done with being tracked, the covid 19 app push out by apple and google is the end for me, need to make some time and brain power to figure this out...

Check out Cyanogenmod open source.

Btw, webos was the best OS.

RIP.

Hell Yes to Web OS! I had a touchpad runiong Cyanogenmod and also had a Palm Web OS phone for years
    I was sad the day my phone broke
    and I decided to sell the Touchpad all modded up to about break even for what I paid for it before it was too late to get rid of it.

I also once had a Motorola phone running a completely stripped version of android, that was good too
    Just very out of touch with it all these days, too many other life's problems to worry about and deal with

I gave into laziness and just got a straight up commercial android phone - Bbbaaaaaaaaaa

Reactions: OldSalty
    I have to turn on/off airplane mode at least 10 times per day, or restart my phone just as many times to reconnect to my carrier service (AT&T).
    Was having to do the same thing with tmobile with an old, unlocked Sony phone. I called tmobile and told them they had until the weekend to fix it or I was going elsewhere. Connection issues were resolved before the weekend and I've not had another issue.

So, could be your phone or could be your provider fuckin' with you trying to get you to buy a new phone.