• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing New center feed box magazine question

OptedOut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Having received a new 10FLCP-K and not having a great background with Savage Arms, what is the proper way to disassemble these detachable box magazines? I do not see a release pin or tab like on other manufactures.

Re: New center feed box magazine question

Are you talking about taking the bottom off the magazine itself? If so they are held in by a few indents. Aren't really made to come apart easily as there is almost no point to disasemble the magazine itself.

Or are you talking about removing the mag from the gun?

Mike

Mike,
Thanks, I'm talking about disassembling the magazine to clean it when mud, dirt and debris gets into it (as mine currently has now after using it during a training class).

brake parts cleaner should do the job without the need for disassembly.

I'm with you now. I would just wash it under running water, then brake cleaner to cut the water. But to take it apart, there were instructions somewhere on Savageshooters.com. Sharp Shooter Supply used to sell a replacement bottom metal part that extended the capacity to 9 rounds. With that replacement, they had instructions on how to remove the old bottom and install their newer extension. They no longer offer just the extension but sell the complete magazine. You might see if they could send you the instructions they had. It was listed in the forums but so far I haven't found it yet. Sorry.

Mike

I did mine with my hands by squeezing the sides together. I tried to put it on the bottom of my blind centerfeed. I thought they made all the parts interchangeable, but it didn't fit.

m1k3,
Thanks for the link, I see some small tabs on the inside of the plastic base but can't tell if others broke off while removing it from the metal. I hope it will come apart easily, bad design if it won't.