• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new chassis system

LongShot94

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
i saw a post a few months ago about a new chassis system that was released for the 700 at shot show and was wondering if anybody could point me the way to that post?
and its the same one the AMU used in the international sniper comp.

Re: new chassis system

I saw that It looked somewhat like a JAE with a skeleton but stock or something.

I dont believe thats the rifle the army marksmanship unit used but I might be the remembering something else...

The AMU guys used a rifle that had a stock that was designed by one of the shooters. The rifle was REM700 that was chambered for a 300 WSM and has a HART barrel. I talked to one of the members of the team this weekend and he gave me a run down on the rifle and stock.

I had asked on another forum and everyone had said it was one of the new tac-mod chasis systems which surgeon is selling.

Good to hear from someone in the know. Most of the new systems look great but for what I need I think paying more than a thousand for just the chasis is out of my league for now