• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Cheek Pad

88blazer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2013
Port Orchard, WA
Hey guys, thought I'd post up my latest project. I had this high density foam from work. We had a 8" x 72" chunk they were throwing out. I knew I'd find a use for some of it! We built painting platforms for Boeing's 737 production line(painting bay). This foam lined the outside edge of the painting platforms to cushion the impact if the platform ever contacted the Fuselage, mainly, the nose cone. Its VERY dense. The pic of me squeezing it with all my strength shows the density pretty well.

We ordered it from Mc Master Carr, but not sure what type it was. It had to be chemical and solvent resistant. If you can find foam like this, your set. Or, PM me and for a few bucks to cover time and shipping, I can send a chunk for a cheek pad. I still have a good amount left over. Its very soft, yet very firm. Almost as rigid as Styrofoam. It cuts well and sands beautifully.

The only question I do have is will it react consistently shot after shot(cheek weld) I think it will. Its pretty firm. I made it a bit higher than the original and sanded a groove where my lower jaw bone rests. This way, I rest back into the exact position every time. I can feel the pressure points on my cheek and jaw bone way better now! It's like the indy car racers and jet pilots that are fitted to their seats. I'm excited to try it out.

My barrel is still on its way. Soon as it gets here I'll take it out and see how it works in the field.
[URL=http://s1029.photobucket.com/user/wknox204/media/moddedstockpad_zps0999a4f8.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s1029.photobucket.com/user/wknox204/media/foam_zps3e9c98a9.jpg.html][/URL]

Here is the one I made for the 783. Thanks again!
20140201_235459_zpsv43lddzg.jpg

20140201_235621_zps7dghtj0x.jpg

Sweet, looks good! Nice 06. Next, I need a bolt handle like yours. Still have a tiny little bolt nob(savage110), just need to get on the lathe.
Next project I guess :)