• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Chronograph

flagg888

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2008
East Northport, NY
My wife bought me for my birthday a Pact XP chrono.
I set it up and even read the entire direction packet.
I've been in the back yard the last hour or so shooting a pellet rifle through and I can't get it to give a reading.
Of course I call Pact and they are closed at 1230 on fridays, so I just missed them.
Anybody have any ideas? I am stumped and a little ticked off. It doesn't look like rocket science to set it up.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Re: New Chronograph

most chrono work best in direct sunlight....sometimes overcast will goof the eyes and it won't read.....

how much did you have to give for the wife ?

My old Pact has a thing with the cables running paralell and close to each other. I had wrapped them in a "loom" to keep them neat and easy to packup. The factory guys told me to seperate the cables so they don't try to feed off each other. Try spreading the cables apart and check all the connections again. Is the battery hot?

My pact is testy as well, I have found it works best NOT in direct sunlight, and you may want to check to see thatyou have the correct "eye" forward, so change them around to see if it works best one way or the other, I had to play with mine to get it to work properly, but it works pretty good, check the battery as well. I marked my "eyes" "front" and "back" to make sure they stay in the right order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My old Pact has a thing with the cables running paralell and close to each other. I had wrapped them in a "loom" to keep them neat and easy to packup. The factory guys told me to seperate the cables so they don't try to feed off each other. Try spreading the cables apart and check all the connections again. Is the battery hot? </div></div>

You know what? Sometimes mine is kinda squirrelly and I never thought about that. Good info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much did you have to give for the wife ? </div></div>

You mean does she cost a lot to keep happy?
She's actually really great, I can't complain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the battery hot? </div></div>

I will check, and separate the cables, I have them tight together as well.
Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: amk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My pact is testy as well, I have found it works best NOT in direct sunlight, and you may want to check to see thatyou have the correct "eye" forward, so change them around to see if it works best one way or the other, I had to play with mine to get it to work properly, but it works pretty good, check the battery as well. I marked my "eyes" "front" and "back" to make sure they stay in the right order. </div></div>

That's one thing I was wondering about. They never mention in the instructions if one side or the other should be facing toward you, away from you, etc....

Mine has the "eyes" where one side is red and the other side is black, I guess maybe I can turn them around a few times and see if that makes any difference.
Did you also mean that one over the other makes a difference which one the bullet passed through first as well?

Thanks for all the replies so far.
I will play around this weekend and see if I can get it to work.
Otherwise, I have to wait till Monday to call Pact.

If the sun is on an angle ( like now during winter ) you need to tilt the sensors towards the sun or wait for the sun to be above the sensors. If it is cloudy you can take the diffuser off and it will work.

The sunscreen or "eyes" are two switches. One starts the meter running and the other stops it. I marked mine also as front toward muzzle. I think mine had a sticker that said start on one of them.

The thing about the sensors and the sun can be rigged around. Go to the local school supply store and get a piece of medium weight WHITE poster paper. When you get the sunscreens set up lay the poster paper across the top of the screens so it acts as a shade. Let it kind of drape over on both sides. You might want to put a small piece of masking tape on the front and back to keep the muzzle blast from blowing it off. The object isn't to shade the screens but difuse the light better.