• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns New Colt 1991 without matching box?

thefitter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
So I ordered a new SS Colt 1991 online but when the shop went to package up the pistol they noticed that they do not have the matching box because it turns out it was a display model from last year, and they can't find the box. They offered to discount it $100 off my original price which is already $100 off MSRP and was the best price I could find anywhere.

Total shipped would be $759.00

I'm trying to decide how important it is to have the original box. I don't really see myself ever selling this so...what do you all think?

Thanks

Re: New Colt 1991 without matching box?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are gonna shoot the sum bitch what difference does it make ? </div></div>
That's what I was asking you.

this thread makes me tired, and confused. I normally throw the boxes away anyways...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamescaan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this thread makes me tired, and confused. I normally throw the boxes away anyways... </div></div>

Thanks for the input...now take your Paxil and have a nap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">boxes, original boxes will add $50.00 to a used gun transaction </div></div>

Or $59,600 on a smoothie Glock.

Josh

I thought the COlt boxes were all plastic now. You could buy one on line for less then $ 50.00, just takes a little hunting..

If A cow and a calf eat a bail and a half of hay every day and a half how many bails do they eat in a 7 day week?

The answer is WHO CARES!!!

i wont buy a gun unless it has the original box, and the paperwork sending it from manufacturer to gunshop, and an indorsed letter signed by the tech that assembled the gun.

makes it a real pain in the ass since i only buy WW2 era and earlier

They can pony up a bit more on the discount, MSRP is shit anyway. Shoot for $700 or less Especially for a display model since it has pecker tracks all over it most likely anyway.