• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new complete BCG

smadam78

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2011
i have an like new noveske complete BCG LESS THAN 100 ROUNDS on it,i want to use it on a new upper,will i have head space problems ?

Re: new complete BCG

technically you should use go/no go guages to check headspace. that being said, probably a 99+% chance it will be just fine. that advice costs you nothing, and you get what you pay for!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldolds442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">technically you should use go/no go guages to check headspace. that being said, probably a 99+% chance it will be just fine. that advice costs you nothing, and you get what you pay for!!! </div></div>

I have never had a BCG not pass the go/ no go test... not saying that it cannot happen, but your probably fine... put it in and shoot it

i remember reading in an army technical manual that you are ABSOLUTELY NOT to switch out bolts with another M16.. talked about death and bodily injury and such....never had a problem diong it myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldolds442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i remember reading in an army technical manual that you are ABSOLUTELY NOT to switch out bolts with another M16.. talked about death and bodily injury and such....never had a problem diong it myself. </div></div>

You have to realize that those manuals are meant for the average boot soldier. Your average boot on the ground should have no business changing out BCG's. Doesn't mean it couldn't be done.

i understand,i should have said it came out of a new noveske !