• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos New CQB Rifle - SIG 556 ER w/ 551 handguards

Re: New CQB Rifle

wtf is it?

Description: 'can't wait to try it out' is not a 'black rifle from this manufacturere is this caliber with op rod, blah blah blah. I see some M16 looking parts, SAW looking parts, but the rest I have never seen.

Looks capable enough. Optics?

looks like an awesome rifle, but what's up with the matchstick rear iron?

smile.gif

Sorry Switchblade45, I should have been more descriptive. UPDATED

commanderjb is correct it's a Sig 556 with the original 551 handguards.

Viking, those are a step above worthless. They are kinda an afterthought really. It's really built to have an optic. I'm thinking of selling my Eotech and getting something different.

I owned an AR15, selling it and bought the SIG. I've never shot one, but have always loved the look. They aren't perfect, but they do serve many countries well.

Looks like a nice gun. have you shot it, yet?

I talked to a young guy on the range FOB the sandbox. He had one and an ACOG and said they group really well and swears by the reliability. He had some ratty worn hundred mile tape on between the lower and the upper receiver, made his Sig look kind of weird.

I was thinking of selling one of my M4geries and getting the Sig 556 myself.

This is a SIG 556, it is SIG's take on the AR rifle. From what I understand it does not have a traditional buffer system. Nothing moves in and out of the buttstock when you fire...or so I have been told. It also looks like it is piston driven.

Nice 556 with the classic furniture...you'll need to get a new charging handle if you mount optics...check out the KZ Optic Friendly Handle...it'll keep your hand from getting mangled on your optics when you charge the weapon.