• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing New curing oven

RockKrawler

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2009
East of Portland,Oregon
Well,since everyone likes new toys thought i would share my latest addition.
Had the opportunity to attend the Cerakote class with the good folks at NIC last year with my employer picking up the tab,thanks guys.
Decided i was going to build my own oven at home when a unique offer was presented to have one built at no expense to myself (other than doing a couple coating jobs,lol),couldn't pass it up. This is basically the same model the folks at NIC use.
Placed the order with ALS back in January,and then the wait began. My son and i drove down to Eagle Point last Friday to pick it up (cheaper than shipping it),stopped off at NIC to get my will call order of Cerakote and headed back home.

Curing Oven (18).jpgCuring Oven (19).jpgCuring Oven (7).jpgCuring Oven (8).jpgCuring Oven (11).jpg

It's well built,weighs quite a bit and should have enough room for most anything i need.
Only thing left to do is make a pig tail so i can plug it into my welder outlet,throw a coat of paint on it,should have that done this weekend if the weather warms up.
Approx dimensions are 60"x24x24,dbl walled,220v,low draw,1 yr warranty,good door seal,center shelf is removable with 2 screws.
The only downside is all of the work folks are throwing at me,want to do a few of my own projects first :D
RK

Can i ask what exactly u ordered, and where u ordered from? I would like to build one. Thanks so much.

Dang. That looks great! I use 3 each 5 gallon buckets with the bottoms cut out duct taped together with a hair dryer sticking through a hole in the side of the bottom. Yours is way fancier.