• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Custom bolt gun.

Bailey22

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2019
So I have recently had a 300 prc built and also have a 308. I’m looking at having another built. I’m leaning to a 6.5 prc or 6mm creed. I’m not looking at the 6.5 creed due to it being too close to 308. Which ever I go with will be for longer shots than 308 and deer/ antelope sized game. Mule deer and above will be 300 prc. The 308 is a dd5 v4 so it’s more of a brush/200 yard deer rifle the way I have it set up.

So I have recently had a 300 prc built and also have a 308. I’m looking at having another built. I’m leaning to a 6.5 prc or 6mm creed. I’m not looking at the 6.5 creed due to it being too close to 308. Which ever I go with will be for longer shots than 308 and deer/ antelope sized game. Mule deer and above will be 300 prc. The 308 is a dd5 v4 so it’s more of a brush/200 yard deer rifle the way I have it set up.

Are you looking for info or just caliber preference?

For this I’d go 6.5 PRC between the two if that’s what you’re asking

Yes caliber preference. It will primarily be used for hunting with competition such as hunter series when matches are local. I really am looking for good progression among cartridges with out overlapping

Yes caliber preference. It will primarily be used for hunting with competition such as hunter series when matches are local. I really am looking for good progression among cartridges with out overlapping
6.5 kicks 308 ass. It’s not close at all.

Reactions: Bailey22
I like my 308 dd5 as a stand/brush deer rifle and hog gun. Maybe the 6.5 prc is what I need to bridge th gap between 308 and 300 prc

Reactions: wade2big
Solid choice to do it.
Thanks, many have recommended the 6.5 creed. But I feel like it is too similar to my Dd5 308. The 6.5 prc seems to check the boxes as a gap cartridge between it and my 300 prc.

Bailey22-----Since you mentioned it......and notwithstanding this is a bolt gun thread.... what's the short report on the dd5 quality and accuracy?

The DD5 has been incredible to be honest. I’m shooting 168 Berger classic hunters. This is my first 3 shot group at 100 after getting it dialed in. I am a huge 308 fan for a semi auto platform and in general for short to mid range hunting which is mainly what we get here in Indiana. I have it pairs with a 1-8 vortex viper as it’s used to 300 max but mostly 100 and in when in the tree stand. I also have the geissle ssa trigger.

Attachments

• IMG_0861.jpeg
    IMG_0861.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: ansel
Just out of curiosity or conversation piece would anyone recommend getting the 6.5 creed over the 6.5 prc?
You didn’t specify what “longer shots” means.

If you're gonna shoot it frequently, then yes, the 6.5 cm would be the obvious choice.

You didn’t specify what “longer shots” means.

If you're gonna shoot it frequently, then yes, the 6.5 cm would be the obvious choice.
My bad. It will be used as mostly another whitetail rifle and antelope anything bigger I will use my 300 prc. Ranges could be any where to up close 50 yards for deer out to 400+ for antelope. My son will use it as well. He is 8 but shoots 308 ar just fine so recoil isn’t that much of a factor.

My bad. It will be used as mostly another whitetail rifle and antelope anything bigger I will use my 300 prc. Ranges could be any where to up close 50 yards for deer out to 400+ for antelope. My son will use it as well. He is 8 but shoots 308 ar just fine so recoil isn’t that much of a factor.
That’s a chip shot, id pic the creed personally. You and the kid can beat it up without fear of smoking the barrel in sub 1k rounds.