• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Custom From English Custom Rifles

Jaxdialation

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2011
Colorado
I got this sweet rifle delivered to my door this week. Dana did a great job, and was outstanding to work with. He has a perfect balance of being an expert craftsman and adviser.

Here are the specs:
243 AI
Surgeon 591 Action
Kreiger Modified Palma 28" 7.5 twist
AI AX Chassis
Jewell trigger

large.jpg

144203374.jpg

144203371.jpg

I'm still fire forming some loads from 243 brass, but I'm definitely seeing the results of Dana's precise work
smile.gif

144267504.jpg

Re: New Custom From English Custom Rifles

Very nice rig. Looks like the pilot shoots pretty good to. Nice job.

Regards, Paul.

Now that is a beautiful long range stick, with an equal beautiful scope. Someday just someday for me. Just wishing....

Thanks Guys!

The S&B PMII is a perfect fit. The rifle is set up for 115 DTACs. So far H4350 is doing pretty well. But I have some H1000 and RL25 on hand. I don't think it will take much work to dial this rifle in.

Patrick, The AX chassis is my favorite stock. I can adjust it to fit me like a glove.

I see you have a KRG, had I not found the AX, the Whiskey 3 would have been great too.

John,
Nice shooting! Dana English was exceptionally helpful when he worked on my son's rifle. Like I said before, since Robert Graduos recommends him, he is someone to pay attention to.

Jack

I can't wait to get the rest of the components for my build. Then, mr English will be receiving a call, for sure. Excellent looking build and results. Congrats!

I highly recommend you make the call!

I am still shooting straight 243 hand loads in the rifle. This fire forms them for the Ackley Improved.

I got this 5 shoot group at 300 yards yesterday. Take away the horizontal spread, and its scary accurate!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aggie410</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't wait to get the rest of the components for my build. Then, mr English will be receiving a call, for sure. Excellent looking build and results. Congrats! </div></div>

144465647.jpg

Just a quick update, this is an Ackley rifle, so all of my loads at this point are fire forming loads.

Here's some additional load results from 500, with a magneto speed chrony. I shot these loads in a round-robin fashion, on 9 targets with 9 loads, 5 rounds apiece. I appreciate that some people hate fire forming, but with these results I don't see why.

144601563.jpg