• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New CZ rifle series ?

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Anybody hear anything ?

34130B54-E419-4A3E-BC57-C6EFB995E045.png
    BD7DA19C-2CB9-4D45-B9E2-5908ECDCBEE9.gif

Disappointed they continued the 527 line, and also slightly perplexed by some of the chamberings, but it looks good overall. I'll give them two thumbs up if they fixed the backwards safety. I was hoping to see a 6mm ARC chambering since they used to do a grendel.

Looks like AIAX with an mp5a3 stock…

New 600 series of rifles. Above is the “trail” model. 223 and 7.62x39. Ar15 and CZ Bren 2 mags respectively.

Will 6ARC feed from a Bren 2 mag?…asking for a friend

Reactions: CaptArab
    The switchbarrel system seems very similar in concept to Sauers the STR/SSG/200 family. A threaded adapter would be needed for third party barrels. Any oil making its way between the barrel and action will likely cause precision issues.

Seems like a fun little gun. Glad to see this coming from a big manufacturer.

Edited to add: after watching a video of this, the cheek piece might need a revision. But I’d like to check one out in person. Since I began shooting an AR 300 BLK pistol this past year I’ve been wanting a handy bolt gun in 223 to go along with it.

Last edited:
    Reactions: lash
    This seems cool. If they made a pistol version with a short .300 BO barrel I'd be all over that.

I love my CZ527, but am I wrong in seeing nothing but a JTAC Elf Owl ripoff? Additionally, instead of fixing the biggest drawback of JTAC’s design, they made it worse (for anyone except the M193/M855 crowd).

The Elf Owl works around the Howa Mini action, forcing JTAC to use Howa’s factory magazines which are plastic and cheap feeling. Designing the CZ600 from scratch, they could have done so using an AICS mag well, but CZ chose AR mag compatibility…like a bunch of morons.

You would rather use a 10rd AICS .223 mag than a Magpul 20rd AR mag for .223? In a compact 16" barrel platform?
    Why would I use this at all instead of a 16” AR-15? I see no benefit to a bolt action rifle with length restricted AR mags. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Dirty D
    Your first sentence: Agreed. Me neither.

Your second sentence: Agreed, except when it's a 16 barrel. If you want extended COAL bolt action performance you're not going to get it in a 16" barrel. So at that point, what's it matter. They didn't shoot themselves in the foot with the mags. It's the chambering.
    Why would a shorter barrel affect the benefit of playing with COAL for handloaders? That’s why I referenced this seeming like it would only be appealing to the M193/M855 factory ammo crowd (and even then, doesn’t seem to make good business sense if people can just grab an AR instead). All you lose is velocity in a shorter barrel, not accuracy potential. I enjoy 16-20” bolt actions just as much as the typical 24-26” rifle, I just use them for different applications. My load development remains the same, and (usually) the same accuracy levels. This isn’t a PRS gun, so I can’t imagine it’s throated to push the limits of 80+gr bullets.

It’s all speculation at this point since no one has one in hand.

I love my CZ527, but am I wrong in seeing nothing but a JTAC Elf Owl ripoff? Additionally, instead of fixing the biggest drawback of JTAC’s design, they made it worse (for anyone except the M193/M855 crowd).

The Elf Owl works around the Howa Mini action, forcing JTAC to use Howa’s factory magazines which are plastic and cheap feeling. Designing the CZ600 from scratch, they could have done so using an AICS mag well, but CZ chose AR mag compatibility…like a bunch of morons.

1. Nobody knows what the fuck a JTAC Elf Owl is.
    2. It's a bolt action rifle. There's nothing to "rip off" from anyone. Particularly if there's no legal IP protection
    3. AR mag compatibility is genius

Looks like AIAX with an mp5a3 stock…

New 600 series of rifles. Above is the “trail” model. 223 and 7.62x39. Ar15 and CZ Bren 2 mags respectively.

Will 6ARC feed from a Bren 2 mag?…asking for a friend

Does not look like an A3 stock....maybe closer to the new F stock.

Your first sentence: Agreed. Me neither.

Your second sentence: Agreed, except when it's a 16 barrel. If you want extended COAL bolt action performance you're not going to get it in a 16" barrel. So at that point, what's it matter. They didn't shoot themselves in the foot with the mags. It's the chambering.
    I feel differently.

I chopped my 223 Tikka to 16" and can easily get 2850 (worker loads up to 100fps over that but over pressured) with the 75 ELD-M.

There ain't a whole lotta stuff inside 600 that won't kill.

That's kissing lands with Lapua brass.
    For field rifles, 6-7" can on a 16" is where it's at IMO, and I want to have room to kiss lands.

75s and 88s at way past AR mag confines is the only reason not to gas gun.

That little blaster would kick arse with mdt AI 223 mags

Of course I'm a weirdo that's obsessed with 16" 22 cal centerfires, so dismiss my opinions appropriately 😂

Last edited:
    2850 from a 75gr in a 16" barrel is not normal. You are somehow able to run it extremely fast. I pushed 75 grand bullets out of my 223 at 2950 out of a 26 inch barrel. There's some dude that's going to read your post and he's going to spend 4 months blowing primer pockets out of brass trying to figure out how to get the same speed you are
    You're probably right. Be safe everyone.

But if you're chasing speed, lever + Lapua brass + kiss will getcha there if you have space. Maybe not 2850, but she'll scoot.

Stepping up to a 473 cartridge like 22BR or GT is probably wiser, and my next move.

All that outta the way, I really dig the CZ and would love one in 6 arc- or better - 22 grendel / arc.

Contradicting my "ar coal bolt actions are dumb" sentiment, no port pop is pretty nice for spilling blood with a can. Looks like a sweet deer blind rig.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Boatninja
    Designing the CZ600 from scratch, they could have done so using an AICS mag well, but CZ chose AR mag compatibility…like a bunch of morons.
    I'm with ya.

Fortunately the PPC improved cases nip this from the starting line . . . Perhaps CZ will milk 223 / commie sales for a while then release the arc.

1:7 twist on the 223?

About time. Only tikka offers a decent 223 twist (1:8)

Hope the accuracy is decent.

The trail will be great for hunters and those that need truck guns and want a bolt gun to use.

Wish they would have done the 6.5G so I could get one for my boy to hunt with.

Going to keep an eye on this. It’s got potential

Did you guys see the accuracy guarantee? 2 MOA :rolleyes: with match ammo
    Where did you see that? I couldn't find one for the Trail. The other three have sub-moa guarantee in their product descriptions.

Reactions: lash
    Looks like the 1:7 twist is what's shown for all the calibers except 300WM (at least for the Range model) My guess is that some of those might be a typo or the good old copy/paste effort.

Some models have aluminum receivers with integrated pic rail or partial pic rails. Then there's the steel receiver models that are drilled and tapped for Rem 700 patterned bases.

Looks like the Range model has a sub 3/4 MOA, 5 shot group at 100m with match ammo guarantee, and states that all Range models are tested to this before they leave the factory. Very interesting new model from CZ, no doubt. Anxious to see how they perform when they are released.

The .30 cal models (30-06, 308, 300WM) are all 1:10
    The 224 V is 1:6.5
    The 6 and 6.5 mms are all 1:7

At least according to the specs on CZ's webpage

Those would make more sense.

But the Range currently has everything listed as 1:7 except 300WM

This wouldn't be the first typo I've seen in CZ's website. In the past they've had wrong info listed for other models too.

Where did you see that? I couldn't find one for the Trail. The other three have sub-moa guarantee in their product descriptions.
    Posted on a Canadian gun forum by the official Manufacturers Rep North Sylva

"
    2 MOA for three shot groups
    The CZ 600 TRAIL model is guaranteed to shoot 2 MOA at 100 m (three shot groups using match-grade factory ammunition). Each unit is tested for accuracy during the production process."

edit:

its on the official website for it too

https://cz600.czub.cz/cz-600-trail/

and it looks like the Target rifle is 3/4 Moa or better, the Alpha is "Sub MOA" I wonder why the trail gets diminished so much

Posted on a Canadian gun forum by the official Manufacturers Rep North Sylva

"
    2 MOA for three shot groups
    The CZ 600 TRAIL model is guaranteed to shoot 2 MOA at 100 m (three shot groups using match-grade factory ammunition). Each unit is tested for accuracy during the production process."

edit:

its on the official website for it too

https://cz600.czub.cz/cz-600-trail/

and it looks like the Target rifle is 3/4 Moa or better, the Alpha is "Sub MOA" I wonder why the trail gets diminished so much

I would put zero stock on any of those numbers. Most any CZ rifle will be sub moa with the right ammo.

Of course they discontinue after I make some CZ 527 RMR adapter plates… I always have good timing.

• Haha
    Reactions: Anb618
    Did you guys see the accuracy guarantee? 2 MOA :rolleyes: with match ammo

That’s on the Trail model only, which apparently has already been said. Of them all, this is the least likely candidate for range shooting and the most likely to be bought to throw in/on a backpack/truck floor.

And, I’m guessing that I missed it, but where is it said that the CZ 527 is being replaced?

On the subject of the switch barrel system, I notice that the proprietary bolt lug system involves three of the lugs locking into the barrel itself. While I can see that that helps with consistent bolt to chamber fit, doesn’t it also require proprietary barrels that include the bolt lock up?

Unless they are offering cheap barrels and extra bolts then I'm not sure I see the draw over a tikka. That is if you're comparing the Range to something like the CTR. I'm not sure the trail has anything I'd want.

Reactions: reubenski
    Well shit, I just realized I need to buy a few CZ527 mags before they all disappear. 😑

Basically the ONLY center fire rifles they will make going forward are these new CZ600 models , which means all the old models , 527 etc will not be made , I was interested in the Trail , until I saw the accuracy std for it 2 moa , in a bolt gun thats rubbish .

Truly amazing.

A firearm manufacturer choosing to use a common magazine that 99% of the market would prefer, instead of satisfying the fringe 1%.

I was hoping for a suitable replacement for their discontinued 550 line. Nothing over .300WM, no CRF, no sexy oil finish walnut. Meh.

According to the Firearm Blog article on the gun, they are controlled feed despite not having the huge Mauser 98-style claw extractor.

Also, the .223 and 7.62x39 models have a super short mini action similar in size to CZ 527. The super compact size of the 527 is one it's best features, so it's nice to see CZ carrying that forward. I'm looking forward to seeing what the conventionally stocked mini action models look like. The 7.62x39 CZ527 Carbine was one of their most popular models, and a lower bolt lift and smoother feeding (now that the horrid single stack magazines of the 527 are gone) would make the 600 a nice improvement if you can get it in the same configuration.

Reactions: Frankr
    According to the Firearm Blog article on the gun, they are controlled feed despite not having the huge Mauser 98-style claw extractor.

Also, the .223 and 7.62x39 models have a super short mini action similar in size to CZ 527. The super compact size of the 527 is one it's best features, so it's nice to see CZ carrying that forward. I'm looking forward to seeing what the conventionally stocked mini action models look like. The 7.62x39 CZ527 Carbine was one of their most popular models, and a lower bolt lift and smoother feeding (now that the horrid single stack magazines of the 527 are gone) would make the 600 a nice improvement if you can get it in the same configuration.
    having a 527 I agree
    I'd look at the Trail in x39 or if they do a 308. I have never seen the value, for me, in a 223 version of a bolt

I didn't know they had bought Spuhr. I knew about Dan Wesson from seeing the pistol offerings on their site when I periodically browse it.

Me neither until I went there

Kinda like when you go to the Beretta Holdings website and see who all they own.

Here is a link to a review on the Trail version CZ 600

I hope the accuracy is better than the guarantee.

After watching it, I would love one with a ~10-12.5" barrel to drop in a backpack while hiking, coyote hunting (wheeler or mtn bike), truck gun under the seat while camping etc...
    I think one of these with a LPVO (1-6 -> 1-10) would rock.

The ergo version or range would be my preference for traditional hunting and range shooting but depending on the price for the Trail it might make the short list.

One question. Around the 7-8 minute mark he states the Trail has only 3 lugs instead of 6. Is this because it was a .223 or is this how all Trails like the 308 will be?

Reactions: Stickshift