• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new cz455 in a KRG

scatterbrains

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2011
Finally got my chassis in, dropped my cz455 into the 180 xray . Scope mount is on the way got the EGW clamp on most likely going to get a swfa 6x SS for it.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i23.photobucket.com\/albums\/b371\/scatterbrains\/Mobile%20Uploads\/IMG_20170404_192805934_HDR_zpsyirp84rl.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Nice set up. I recently got a 455 and looking at options for stocks, chassis, and everything else. The KRG site says the Alpha 180 is for savage SA. Is it a perfect fit?

Last edited:
good catch it it a 180 xray not a alpha. It is a perfect drop in.

MPA is also making a chassis.

I'm looking at chassis options for my 455 as well, how do you like the magazine well area?

It's nice the factory one sucks though. Just ordered all the dip stuff for magwell including base plate.

The mag well with the Krg is kind of awkward, but after using for a while you get use to it.

Here is mine, really enjoy it.

How is the clearance of the foreend to the barrel. Read a while back it had some flex in the very forward part and came real close with the beefier barrels.

Thanks!

i dont see an issue with it, maybe with thicker barrels and some serious pressure it could happen but its pretty damn stout.

So got the mount needed to get some rings for my 2x7 I took off my 10/22. Med, need highs to be fully comfortable

so i was able to sight in and do some testing with 2 diff rounds, aquila 40gr match and rws match 40gr. RWS is going to be what i use in this so far.
Very strange shooting a .22 after using my 7-08 AR all day at a match LOL.
IMG_20170410_194110895_HDR_zpswi2wgsma.jpg

I've built a KRG CZ455 to copy my KRG match rifles (.223 and 6.5 Creedmoor) that I shoot in PRS and other LR matches. One thing I've definitely found is that the KRG CZ needs higher rights to get the same optic height relative to the chassis. So while my Rem700 S/A pattern rifles use the excellent Vortex / Seekins 0.97" height rings, I use the 1.26" height rings in my trainer. This way when I lay behind the rifles the same way, they feel the same, and shoot as similarly as possible.

50 yards you should have a small hole in those targets.

I know mine will shoot either cci standard or the sk match really well.

50 yards you should have a small hole in those targets.

I know mine will shoot either cci standard or the sk match really well.

It will eventually when i get used to it, trigger is ok but kinds sucks stock is new to me.