• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ***NEW*** Dead Air Nomad-LT (Titanium)

FuhQ

Unreconstructed
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2013
    Your Wife's Pussy
    Here's a short (first) video of the new Dead Air Nomad-LT on my Remington 700 5R Magpul in .260 Rem. The video doesn't do it justice how quiet this suppressor is, and how good the tone is. It will blow your mind...Especially with subsonic ammo in a .300 BLK, and with subsonic .308 Win ammo in a bolt-action. I am not joking when I say that with subsonic .308 Win ammo in a bolt-action rifle it is as loud as one of those old Daisy Red Ryder BB guns that's spring-powered. And it sounds like one, too. If you're looking for an awesome lightweight hunting suppressor, the Nomad-LT gets my recommendation.

I got mine from @SilencerShop they made the process super easy. Highly recommend them and their digital kiosk. 👍🏼

47B646A7-4C89-4892-9BA0-228715500A66.jpeg

AD482880-232F-43A9-8C09-2FE21BC23886.jpeg
    CA8DB3AE-CA4D-4971-BD49-71F8C73F25E4.jpeg

Here’s a couple next to my Dead Air Mask HD (.22LR).

2632C0B6-7E21-4B41-8075-3F20CE34ADB1.jpeg
    E9D843EC-41DE-46E1-AD82-AB380A0F3AF5.jpeg

Family photo… Nomad-LT, Sandman-S MIL-Contract, Sandman-S, Mask HD

32F56FE5-57A1-495C-94F3-D96A0BCD24F3.jpeg
    BAAC55F6-1135-4D9B-A92D-E46DD320AC04.jpeg

Nomad-LT on my 16” .300 BLK

F47CD65B-EEC6-4C05-BF97-DD2B9A34F749.jpeg

Here's a short (first) video of the new Dead Air Nomad-LT on my Remington 700 5R Magpul in .260 Rem. The video doesn't do it justice how quiet this suppressor is, and how good the tone is. It will blow your mind...Especially with subsonic ammo in a .300 BLK, and with subsonic .308 Win ammo in a bolt-action. I am not joking when I say that with subsonic .308 Win ammo in a bolt-action rifle it is as loud as one of those old Daisy Red Ryder BB guns that's spring-powered. And it sounds like one, too. If you're looking for an awesome lightweight hunting suppressor, the Nomad-LT gets my recommendation.

I got mine from @SilencerShop they made the process super easy. Highly recommend them and their digital kiosk. 👍🏼

Great job on the audio and video introduction. The sound is really good compared to most suppressor videos. You can hear the motor in the fan. Lol A 300 blackout subsonic would be amazing if you do it.

Reactions: FuhQ
    Great job on the audio and video introduction. The sound is really good compared to most suppressor videos. You can hear the motor in the fan. Lol A 300 blackout subsonic would be amazing if you do it.
    I’ll probably record some footage this weekend, if I get over to the range. Probably do some .300 BLK and 5.56…Maybe 6.5 Grendel.

Do you have a channel or just a hear and there thing. I've watched it 4 times butt I can't get the channel name to show up. And it won't take me to YouTube so I can't see what the channel or name is.

Do you have a channel or just a hear and there thing. I've watched it 4 times butt I can't get the channel name to show up. And it won't take me to YouTube so I can't see what the channel or name is.
    If you go to the video I posted, and hit play, and then look in the top left corner, there should be a round bubble with a Jeep in the picture. Roll (hover) your mouse over the top of it and the channel name and a big red button that says "SUBSCRIBE" should show up across the top of the video screen. If that won't work, you can always go to my channel and manually sub and watch my videos... Here's a link.

Also, YT might be shadow-banning me, since my account has guns on it, and things have been acting really screwy lately. I've had hundreds of views just disappear overnight and in the middle of the day without explanation, slow and not working properly, trouble editing and uploading, etc... Just weird shit. I think they're screwing with people who have firearms related stuff on their channels.

Last edited:
    If you go to the video I posted, and hit play, and then look in the top left corner, there should be a round bubble with a Jeep in the picture. Roll (hover) your mouse over the top of it and the channel name and a big red button that says "SUBSCRIBE" should show up across the top of the video screen. If that won't work, you can always go to my channel and manually sub and watch my videos... Here's a link.

Also, YT might be shadow-banning me, since my account has guns on it, and things have been acting really screwy lately. I've had hundreds of views just disappear overnight and in the middle of the day without explanation, slow and not working properly, trouble editing and uploading, etc... Just weird shit. I think they're screwing with people who have firearms related stuff on their channels.
    My daughter helped me lol so I subscribed. Thanks.

I cant wait for my Ti to be approved. Wish I'd gotten it sooner. I have to say, my form 1 can isn't too bad either, and absolutely zero poi shift. It's not a cheap form one can, but it works very well. It's titanium but it's not near as light as the Nomad LT is, doesn't look as cool either, but it is completely modular.

I cant wait for my Ti to be approved. Wish I'd gotten it sooner. I have to say, my form 1 can isn't too bad either, and absolutely zero poi shift. It's not a cheap form one can, but it works very well. It's titanium but it's not near as light as the Nomad LT is, doesn't look as cool either, but it is completely modular.
    Before I bought and owned cans, I didn't know how I felt about modularity on rifle cans, but, as time goes on, I find myself liking the idea of modular rifle cans like the Rex Silentium MOD-X .308. I think that will end up being my next can. I hope SS will start carrying them. I mentioned it to them about 6 months ago, and they said they were looking into it.

Before I bought and owned cans, I didn't know how I felt about modularity on rifle cans, but, as time goes on, I find myself liking the idea of modular rifle cans like the Rex Silentium MOD-X .308. I think that will end up being my next can. I hope SS will start carrying them. I mentioned it to them about 6 months ago, and they said they were looking into it.
    I don't think it's something that is used regularly, more so just useful for seeing how short you can go before it's a detectable difference, but it's kind of nice to be able to do.

I don't think it's something that is used regularly, more so just useful for seeing how short you can go before it's a detectable difference, but it's kind of nice to be able to do.
    Yeah, I just like the fact that if you want to use it for multi-use, you can lengthen it for hunting, or maximum suppression, and shorten it for AR's or compact usage.

The LT is a slick can for sure, suppression is up there with the TBAC Ultra 9 Gen2. We will have more in stock soon.
    I wanted a TBAC for years... The only thing that stopped me is the lack of universal threads (1.375x24). Other than that, TBAC are phenomenal cans. I just wish they'd get with the times like everybody else, and allow people to use universal mounting systems with their products.

Reactions: Ronin_64
    I wanted a TBAC for years... The only thing that stopped me is the lack of universal threads (1.375x24). Other than that, TBAC are phenomenal cans. I just wish they'd get with the times like everybody else, and allow people to use universal mounting systems with their products.
    Yup, that's why I went with the LT too

Long time I'm afraid. Just cashed the check a few weeks ago. Maybe it will go faster since I just got 3 stamps. ? Probably not though. Likely 6-8 more months
    Mine was 8 months...And I bought it in EARLY December, cashed on 12/29, before all the craziness in January. I wouldn't expect any less with all the influx of Form-4's after the election insanity. Sadly, probably closer to 10-12...

I just hope my 2 Sandman-S cans come back before 2022.

Last edited:
    That is a seriously girthy can. Thanks for the review!
    Yeah, it seems like it would be unwieldy at first, but once you get used to it, and then put the thermal wrap on it, it really starts appearing pretty normal. It's a monster compared to the Mask HD (.22LR can pictured). But when shooting, you don't really notice the extra length and width over the Sandman-S...Because of the super light weight. You DO however, notice how much quieter it is. That added volume really makes a huge difference on the supersonics, and a noticeable difference on the subsonics. 👍🏼

It is one of the best sounding and suppressing cans I've heard on supersonics. POI-shift was pretty much nonexistent. I'd put up there with TBAC all day long. And the difference in price between it and the TBAC will cover your stamp, trust, and taxes. Just food for thought...

Mine was 8 months...And I bought it in EARLY December, cashed on 12/29, before all the craziness in January. I wouldn't expect any less with all the influx of Form-4's after the election insanity. Sadly, probably closer to 10-12...

I just hope my 2 Sandman-S cans come back before 2022.
    It very well could be 11 months again, like my last 2 form 4's were. That's actually why. I went ahead and got it done. I also got an Oculus 22LR can which I'm pretty excited about as well. Now I just need my buddy to go ahead and make my form4 30 cal can that I have the stamp for. He got a new machine to make them with, but he needs to get the material to machine it out of, and the guy he bought the machine from to run through the program with his operator to start making them. They are pretty sweet mono-core baffle designs that he has made before, but he used to pay another guy to machine the baffle for him, and now he's going to make the whole thing in house, like he does his AR's and all.

It very well could be 11 months again, like my last 2 form 4's were. That's actually why. I went ahead and got it done. I also got an Oculus 22LR can which I'm pretty excited about as well. Now I just need my buddy to go ahead and make my form4 30 cal can that I have the stamp for. He got a new machine to make them with, but he needs to get the material to machine it out of, and the guy he bought the machine from to run through the program with his operator to start making them. They are pretty sweet mono-core baffle designs that he has made before, but he used to pay another guy to machine the baffle for him, and now he's going to make the whole thing in house, like he does his AR's and all.
    He's in Alabama, too? Post up some info about it in the Alabama PM. I'd be interested in looking into getting one for a future purchase to review if the prices are reasonable. 👍🏼

He's in Alabama, too? Post up some info about it in the Alabama PM. I'd be interested in looking into getting one for a future purchase to review if the prices are reasonable. 👍🏼
    Yeah, he's pretty close to "them that shall not be named" that jacked up your cans.... I will post their info in our PM thread for central AL

Yeah, he's pretty close to "them that shall not be named" that jacked up your cans.... I will post their info in our PM thread for central AL
    I just don't want to slam a company until I get all my shit back. And even then, they are correcting the situation, so I don't want to bash them too hard. At the same time, I want folks to be aware of what happened. But, that idiot was fired, so hopefully that remedied the issues for the foreseeable future for them.

I just don't want to slam a company until I get all my shit back. And even then, they are correcting the situation, so I don't want to bash them too hard.
    Yeah, I mean, shit happens. I've had employees do some truly stupid shit after I specifically told them to do the exact opposite. It happens. Their employees leave a lot to be desired though honestly. The owner has been good to me, and I deal with them and have dealt with them with the other business for many years and they've always been good so, I cut em some slack. He really just needs better employees, he keeps the place stocked Really well! I know first hand how hard it is to find good people so, not throwing rocks

Yeah, I mean, shit happens. I've had employees do some truly stupid shit after I specifically told them to do the exact opposite. It happens. Their employees leave a lot to be desired though honestly. The owner has been good to me, and I deal with them and have dealt with them with the other business for many years and they've always been good so, I cut em some slack. He really just needs better employees, he keeps the place stocked Really well! I know first hand how hard it is to find good people so, not throwing rocks
    I agree. I've always heard good things, and when I found out they had a kiosk, I was like, "Hell yeah! Let's go!" But, after my current situation, I don't see myself using them in the future, except for maybe firearms purchases, where I buy it, and leave with it that day. No more waiting around stuff. I did get my .260 Rem from them. They still had it sitting on the shelf from 2016, and I bought it brand new in Dec. 2020...Still had the tags on it. So, that was a positive find! 👍🏼

As for the good employees part, my dad started and owned a small business for 30 years, and I watched first-hand how hard it was to find decent employees. Hell, I worked there for 12 years myself, and saw all the idiots come and go. It was insane. Hell, one day we had a random drug test happen, and 3/4 of the crew drove their personal cars to LabCorp, and never showed up, and never came back to work. That was a rough couple weeks trying to work with a literal skeleton crew until we got more semi-useful idiots hired. 😂

I agree. I've always heard good things, and when I found out they had a kiosk, I was like, "Hell yeah! Let's go!" But, after my current situation, I don't see myself using them in the future, except for maybe firearms purchases, where I buy it, and leave with it that day. No more waiting around stuff. I did get my .260 Rem from them. They still had it sitting on the shelf from 2016, and I bought it brand new in Dec. 2020...Still had the tags on it. So, that was a positive find! 👍🏼
    I have to say that it was super easy at marks and you know there won't be any issues there.

I have to say that it was super easy at marks and you know there won't be any issues there.
    I knew Mark personally since I was 16 years old (35 now). He was a good man. It hurt when I heard his cancer had come back and he passed. His wife and daughter are really sweet, too. He always cut me deals that NOBODY could touch. Like, pretty much his cost, or maybe at most Cost+10%. Even on special-order stuff. He could get me things that were hard to find like it wasn't no big deal. I'd call him up, and tell him what I was looking for, and he'd research it real quick, and tell me he could have it there in a day or two. The man was a legend. Wish more companies had owners like him. Customer service and happy customers was his #1 priority. 👍🏼

I knew Mark personally since I was 16 years old (35 now). He was a good man. It hurt when I heard his cancer had come back and he passed. His wife and daughter are really sweet, too. He always cut me deals that NOBODY could touch. Like, pretty much his cost, or maybe at most Cost+10%. Even on special-order stuff. He could get me things that were hard to find like it wasn't no big deal. I'd call him up, and tell him what I was looking for, and he'd research it real quick, and tell me he could have it there in a day or two. The man was a legend. Wish more companies had owners like him. Customer service and happy customers was his #1 priority. 👍🏼
    Mark was a good man. I bet my family bought more than 30 guns from him personally. The place isn't the same now, but how could it be? He was truly about his customers, and he loved what he did.

Mark was a good man. I bet my family bought more than 30 guns from him personally. The place isn't the same now, but how could it be? He was truly about his customers, and he loved what he did.
    Yep. So many are out for nothing more than profit, and could give a shit less after the sale. Service after the sale is almost nonexistent these days. Especially since the 2020 shit started.

I'm going to try to get some .300 BLK footage this weekend, and maybe a side-by-side comparison of it vs. the Sandman-S, so you can hear the tone and volume differences. I might cut the fan off so you can hear it better...It just gets so damn stuffy in that building. I can't wait till Fall finally gets here...

This is my buddies place. They do cerakote, a lot of custom gun work, custom precision AR's is one of their specialties. They do Gold plating, Nickle Plating, Laser Engraving (which is awesome!), and of course gunsmithing stuff. All Veterans owned and operated. Good dudes.

This is my Sig P2022-9mm. They ported and cut out the slide, cerakoted, and put a slick trigger in for me. They do some slick stuff.

They also manufacture their own AR's, (they machine the lowers themselves), and they manufacture suppressors. They are in Pelham.

Attachments

• IMG_20210820_1636573.jpg
      IMG_20210820_1636573.jpg
      285.9 KB · Views: 123
    • IMG_20210820_1644324.jpg
      IMG_20210820_1644324.jpg
      738.8 KB · Views: 118
    Gonna get some footage today on the 14.5" 5.56 and .300 BLK in semi-open air (under a porch). Might even get some footage of the Mask HD on the 10/22 and .22 Converted 1911 pistol.

Well, ended up going to a fish fry for a friend of mine's birthday, so didn't get to the range today... I'll get out there tomorrow, and get some footage.

Went to the range today. Got some quick footage comparing the Sandman-S vs. Nomad-LT on both .300 BLK subs and 5.56 supers (all on AR's). Will be posting those up on the YT channel this week. And will post up in here, as well.

New video of the Nomad-LT is up... Hopefully the angle and sound quality is better in this one...

The only difference between the two is the spacing of the baffles. Both use the same baffles, the sandman uses static spacing, the nomad uses progressive spacing, the progression gets bigger towards the distal end of the can, kinda backwards to how most cans are built.

The only difference between the two is the spacing of the baffles. Both use the same baffles, the sandman uses static spacing, the nomad uses progressive spacing, the progression gets bigger towards the distal end of the can, kinda backwards to how most cans are built.
    Completely wrong... They are absolutely NOTHING alike in any way, other than the fact they are both made by Dead Air, and both suppressors.

The Sandman-S is a fully-welded Stellite baffle stack with a solid 17-4ph stainless steel tube and a welded KeyMo device. It's 6.8" long, and is 1.50" in diameter.

The Nomad-LT is solid titanium, tubeless design, has HUB (1.375x24) threads, is 8.5" long, and 1.72" in diameter.

The baffles are completely different designs, shapes, and the only thing similar is they are clipped. Also, both use static spacing.

Here's a picture of the welds on my Nomad-LT to prove you wrong.... Sure look pretty equally-spaced to me.

4901.jpg
    tempImageW3JsEj.png

Completely wrong ? Is that right ?? Here is a couple pics of the Nomad, progressively spaced towards the distal end
    26-1F60CE9E-638F-4983-8552-4AB2E882E6F9 (1).jpeg

Here are a couple of pics of the sandman, pretty much the same baffles just static spacing, so where am I wrong ?

1380-sandmanbaffles.jpg

Completely wrong... They are absolutely NOTHING alike in any way, other than the fact they are both made by Dead Air, and both suppressors.

The Sandman-S is a fully-welded Stellite baffle stack with a solid 17-4ph stainless steel tube and a welded KeyMo device. It's 6.8" long, and is 1.50" in diameter.

The Nomad-LT is solid titanium, tubeless design, has HUB (1.375x24) threads, is 8.5" long, and 1.72" in diameter.

The baffles are completely different designs, shapes, and the only thing similar is they are clipped. Also, both use static spacing.

Here's a picture of the welds on my Nomad-LT to prove you wrong.... Sure look pretty equally-spaced to me.

View attachment 7805863
    View attachment 7805866
    Come on Fuhq, even you can surely see what is in the pics

Here is another pic of the nomad baffles
    114-00919A29-8AC0-46B5-B4A1-B34DDFCF5F80 (1).jpeg

Here is another pic of the sandman baffles
    42-tVrpn5X.jpg

Come on Fuhq, even you can surely see what is in the pics
    Based off the pics you provided the difference in baffle design is pretty noticeable.... As far as spacing goes according to the 3rd picture the only baffle spacing difference is between baffle 1 and 2. The rest of the spacing looks identical.

Last edited:
    Based off the pics you provided the difference in baffle design is pretty noticeable.... As far as spacing goes according to the 3rd picture the only baffle spacing difference is between baffle 1 and 2. The rest of the spacing looks identical.
    He's just being a dick and following me around the forum because he doesn't like me, and he thinks I'm an Arken shill, because I started an open and honest thread about them, and have recommended them several times to folks inquiring about good budget scopes...

Some people live pathetic lives. I'm just tired of dealing with them on here. This place seems like a cess-pool breeding ground for snobs and douchebags.

So, uhhhh, yeah. Everything you said there is indeed incorrect. The Sandman and Nomad series have nothing in common design-wise other than some common materials like 17-4 Stainless, and the front cap thread socket with the thread-to-taper feature.

You seem to be hung up on spacing. The Sandman-S has common spacing of the baffles, the Sandman-L has variable spacing. The baffles are stellite and welded into 17-4 core, and then an outer tube is over-welded for a belt and suspenders construction approach. The KeyMount system is welded into core and then the tube is welded to it.

Then Nomad series is a tubeless design and can be either 17-4 or Grade 5 Ti. Each baffle nests inside the one before it and create coaxial chambers that capture gas and also help inhibit the gasses/pressure from flowing right back down the bore to the chamber on an automatic action when it uncorks. The second baffle is not equally spaced from the blast chamber, but the rest are equal. It has 1.375-24 threads in the back for modular adapter fitup. This is an extremely efficient baffle and it only works better as pressures go up. It has better performance with seven baffles than some that have 10-12. For example, the Nomad-30 matches the performance of the Sandman-L, but has the same backpressure response in ARs as the Sandman-S. The -S wasn't really designed for 300BLK subs, but it does OK. But the Nomad is stellar with 300BLK, and will easily tame high pressure stuff up to 300 Norma Mag and sound amazing while doing so.

Hope that helps!

Oh, and cool videos Mr. FuhQ!

So, uhhhh, yeah. Everything you said there is indeed incorrect. The Sandman and Nomad series have nothing in common design-wise other than some common materials like 17-4 Stainless, and the front cap thread socket with the thread-to-taper feature.

You seem to be hung up on spacing. The Sandman-S has common spacing of the baffles, the Sandman-L has variable spacing. The baffles are stellite and welded into 17-4 core, and then an outer tube is over-welded for a belt and suspenders construction approach. The KeyMount system is welded into core and then the tube is welded to it.

Then Nomad series is a tubeless design and can be either 17-4 or Grade 5 Ti. Each baffle nests inside the one before it and create coaxial chambers that capture gas and also help inhibit the gasses/pressure from flowing right back down the bore to the chamber on an automatic action when it uncorks. The second baffle is not equally spaced from the blast chamber, but the rest are equal. It has 1.375-24 threads in the back for modular adapter fitup. This is an extremely efficient baffle and it only works better as pressures go up. It has better performance with seven baffles than some that have 10-12. For example, the Nomad-30 matches the performance of the Sandman-L, but has the same backpressure response in ARs as the Sandman-S. The -S wasn't really designed for 300BLK subs, but it does OK. But the Nomad is stellar with 300BLK, and will easily tame high pressure stuff up to 300 Norma Mag and sound amazing while doing so.

Hope that helps!

Oh, and cool videos Mr. FuhQ!
    Thanks Todd! That means a lot! 👍🏼

Thinking about ordering a Nomad-30 for my next can, to add to the DA collection. That will be DA can #5, and will land me in the 3rd and final tier of the Asylum. 😏

Reactions: Diholf57
    Thanks Todd! That means a lot! 👍🏼

Thinking about ordering a Nomad-30 for my next can, to add to the DA collection. That will be DA can #5, and will land me in the 3rd and final tier of the Asylum. 😏

For some reason I thought you already were habitual member

XDWTGBc.jpg

They are about to release another tier iirc. Need 10 cans from what I remember.

I don't think I'll be reaching that tier.

Last edited: