• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors new deer cannon

bohem

PVA's HMFIC
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Southeast, PA
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
Here's my new deer hunting hand cannon. Super Redhawk, 44mag, 9.5"

P7295625.JPG

Re: new deer cannon

That will get the job done. I took 2 deer with my 5 1/2 inch super blackhawk in .44 mag shooting the corlok's. Both deer ran less than 100 yards.

Chuck

I don't own one of their .44's but the GP100 is built like a tank.

Seeing the title, I was hoping for an actual 'deer cannon' and wondering what twist rate and what kind of range you were getting...

I'm not scoping it for now and probably not in the near future as well. I spent the scope money on a Lyman 4500, 2 more bullet moulds, and the sizing dies and a case of lube for the bullets.

I shoot cast almost exclusively for target practice from pistols, so lubing and sizing by hand with the cheapie Lee die gets old fast.

My dad has the identical pistol, he wants to scope it at some point, if he does I'll make an evaluation then. Probably I won't be putting a scope on it.

I bought it specifically for the short range deer hunting that we get in eastern PA. Rolling bowling pins with it will sure be fun too though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't own one of their .44's but the GP100 is built like a tank.

Seeing the title, I was hoping for an actual 'deer cannon' and wondering what twist rate and what kind of range you were getting... </div></div>

Hahahahah, now that would be funny... you're right, this is built like a tank as well.

My friend has one with a scope.
I was shocked at how accurate it was at 100 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My friend has one with a scope.
I was shocked at how accurate it was at 100 yards.
</div></div>

Easily better than 3" from a rest I would bet... I want to try shooting it 400y at the steel plate range.

Rumor has it they made one with an 11" barrel at one point, I've never seen one, but the extra space in the pistol case leads me to believe they exist.

Easily, and my first time on a wheelgun at 100.
I've been wanting a single action 44 or 45 Colt for a while since.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Easily, and my first time on a wheelgun at 100.
I've been wanting a single action 44 or 45 Colt for a while since. </div></div>

I hear ya... they're addicting just like everything else LOL

I've been thinking about a hand cannon for a year or so and finally ordered a S&W 500 for deer this year. The pistol range I shoot at has a couple of them and they are so sweet to shoot. I won't be able to afford the scope till next year though.

That .44 sure is nice, have fun with it.

bshaw

Nice! I've got one in 7" .454 Casull. Have yet to kill anything other than water jugs and paper w/ it but it's my "pepper spray" if you will. You're probably going to want to replace those grips w/ Hogue or Pachmayr rubber ones. The wood panel on mine broke and the broken part would bite your palm. Kind of annoying. Those Super Redhawks are stout though!

I watched you take the head off that grouse last year with the .454, That doesn't count ass killing something?

Oh yeah............. Guess I'm full of shit...........That was Luke's fault, he challenged my pistol marksmanship.......

You guys crack me up. I had it out this weekend to burn through some cast boolits and get my dies setup for some reloading.

I've got 500 pieces of brass on the way for it and a 50cal ammo can full of cast 255 RN's.

I haven't thought to replace the grips just yet, but I've never shot more than 100 rounds at a time through my dad's. Now that I own one I'm sure that will change.

I really like the wood Pachmyr grips with the contoured finger grooves on them. They look gorgeous, I've never handled them though.

Hopefully I'll be posting up in the Hunting subforum about my first buck with a pistol
smile.gif

I have that same gun with a Bushnell 3200 scope and killed a buck @ 50yds from a stand and it did not take a single step. It actually fell against the tree it was walking past and I had to drag it off the base of the tree.

It's a thing of beauty! My friend just got a .460 S&W for the same duty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a thing of beauty! My friend just got a .460 S&W for the same duty. </div></div>

Nice! Which model?