• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New DLOC systems...pre SHOT release

Cheese

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2006
CONUS
This is a pre SHOT release on the new Gen 2 DLOC-S upper for Harris bipods.
The back story on the DLOC is it was designed for a solicitation that was put out for the Military.
Several requests were made about how a Picatinnay attachment system had to be made/function and hold in order to give the Military what it wanted.
I will preface everything with I in no way wish to belittle or offend any other maker of Picatinnay attachment devices. The gentlemen that design and or manufacture other type devices have put in a lot of time money and effort in order to bring their systems to market and should be at all times given the respect earned or deserved for their efforts.

DLOC is a Patent Pending Picatinnay rail type holding system that attaches to "ANY" Picatinnay type rail with cross slots. We have said here before that their are several variances between different makers "Picatinnay" rails. It's a fact simple as that.
DLOC systems grab 100% of a Picatinnay rail. Look at a rail on its side . You see upper and lower angles to the rail on both sides totalling 4. Then you have the cross slots. Usually used for recoil bars etc...
This system grabs all four sides of the rail, provides several recoil bars to fit in the cross slots and (most importantly) grabs a rail during initial fit and lock-up throughout the length of the DLOC.
To affix a DLOC system you push the small knob in opening the jaws and snap it in. The system is now held with approx 15 pounds of tension.
Then turn the lock knob 3-4 turns locking the system in place. Total time on off or on and locked can be measured in approximately 6-10 seconds.
DLOC cannot come off a rail unless there is a tearing or shearing of aluminum. There are YouTube videos of a small bipod upper holding up a 350Ci engine block.
You may recognise the fact that if a small system can be made for a bipod then there surely may be other uses for the system....
In fact there have been several DLOC models already in use. The original DLOC-S for bipods, DCLW flat top DLOCS and about 20-30 other systems are already being manufactured as we speak.
Folk's here that already have DLOC systems please feel free to chime in and give your opinion of the system.

Here is the new DLOC-S Gen 2 micro for Harris swivel bipods:
PC090132.jpg

Compared to the Harris upper. (note, the knob is fully unscrewed or open).
PC090133.jpg

Device and side knob fit within the bipod profile. Not sticking out the side to snag items.
PC090134.jpg

Same height profile.

The DLOC-S unit can be installed in just a few minutes if you don't have a Pod-Loc. If you have a Pod-Loc installed you can install the DLOC-S with NO TOOLS in a minute or two.

I have already sold out this week. There are more systems finished and being shipped to me next week.
They can be ordered at Phoenix Tactical, link:

http://www.phoenixtactical.com/index.php...oe3nt788c6sbpt3

Here's a sneak peek at the riser for optics currently in use on my AR systems.
PC080129.jpg

Now I have a very fast QD EOTec, raised to give a better viewing angle and now I can get to the damn buttons...to be continued.

Thank you for looking. More to follow.

Re: New DLOC systems...pre SHOT release

Update.

The items are marked as in sock on the web site.
"In Stock" means they are finished, on the way here....ship time less than two weeks.

Thanks,

How does it attach to the bipod? Is this something that can be swapped from bipod to bipod or is it a permanent attachment?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelstrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does it attach to the bipod? Is this something that can be swapped from bipod to bipod or is it a permanent attachment? </div></div>

Good question.
To install:
Loosen the 1/4" nut inside the tension knob on the back of the bipod or loosen the Pod-Loc. Not fully, just a few turns so you can press the axle/bolt assembly forward.
On the back side of the axle/bolt assembly there is a large brass washer and a simple captive pin. After the axle is pressed from the knob side take the pin out, remove the washer and separate the legs from the upper.
PC090137.jpg

Original upper separated with brass washer, pin and 1/4" inside nut from the tension knob on the reverse side of the bipod.
PC090138.jpg

The DLOC-S unit (older Gen 1, and used system shown) has a milled circular assembly that you slide the Harris leg assembly right back into.
PC090139.jpg

Replace the brass washer and pin. Re-tighten the tension knob or Pod-Loc and you have just installed a DLOC-S in about 2-3 minutes with a 1/4" socket. Less than that with no tools if you have a Pod-Loc already installed. This one hasn't been tightened yet. Note...the pin must be seated in the washer cutouts.
Keep your original Harris OEM sling stud pinch style upper and put in back on whenever you need it.

Note...Gen 1 DLOC-S used in these pics.

Really cool good luck at Shot Show!

Cheese you are king! That looks awesome mate, good work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Folks here who already have DLOC systems please feel free to chime in and give your opinion of the system.</div></div>

I love all my DLOC products (there are several in this photo), but I'm liking that new DLOC-S Gen 2 micro for Harris swivel bipods! I'll have to give Mark and Dustin a call.

3.jpg

B. Melick said:
I love all my DLOC products (there are several in this photo), but I'm liking that new DLOC-S Gen 2 micro for Harris swivel bipods! I'll have to give Mark and Dustin a call.

Looks like you have one hell of a kit there.
The DLOC for Trijicon is really nice.
Did several drop tests with demo optics. Passed with flying colors.