• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New DPMS LR308/ new ammo

Kasumi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2008
New York, USA
Hit the range on Sunday with a DPMS LR308, wanting to try a new ammo I had purchased at the last gun show. American Eagle 168gr OTM open tip match. I dumped the scope and rings it came with and mounted up a new scope with some Mk4 rings. Dialed it in with some American Eagle .308 150gr ammo, the results were fair, 1.5” group at 100yds.

Now for the reason for my post; I moved on to the AE 168gr OTM, my first round was a bit low and to the right, as was the next. Then I fired 7 more rounds. Got the old calipers out and center to center measured .650”, I’m liking this ammo, plus the fact it cost $18 a box I’m digging it more. It performed as well as FGMM for about $6 bucks less a box.

I’m not sure when Federal (AE)started to produce this 168gr OTM round but I wanted to make sure everyone on the HIDE was aware its out there, and worth a try.

Cases appear on GB for about $17 a box plus shipping.
DPMS001.jpg

One more pic;
DPMS002.jpg