• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Drag Bag?

parkze17

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2011
Parker, PA United States
So I am going to buy a new drag bag. I have a Drago Gear 36 inch double bag that was bought for me a few years ago as a present. I would not have even considered it due to my usual belief of you get what you pay for. Turns out I love it its very durable and there is tons of storage. It fits my AR and AK along with tons of mags and other equipment. I was considering buying their single gun 42 inch or single 36 inch if they make it, because I love the one I have so much. I can get one for 75 bucks which is also a strong selling point for me. I am considering other brands too. My new bag will be fitted with a 39 inch rifle with scope. I can fold the AICS chassis and make it 32 inches in length. Other than that I would like to have enough room in it for a 1911 with a few mags, a few AICS mags, a rangefinder, a data book, and a pair of binos or my spotter, and some odd and end stuff. I have a few different mats so I really do not need the bag to fold out into a mat. I guess what I am looking for is quality and a good strapping system to keep my rifle in place. My price range is up to $150. This is not really important and is kind of anal but I would prefer it to be OD Green to match my rifle. Any suggestions? Input on the OP Mod and TacOps bags would be appreciated.

I got the voodoo ultimate drag bag was only $105 shipped,
things I found lots of room hold two rifles an two pistols nice large pockets on the outside
inside spine holds my dewey cleaning rod
buttons up all so has good zippers backpack straps collapse in to there own pocket, good carry strap
the thing I don't like about it
has a shoulder strap and two d-rings I don't think the d rings are strong enough and the shoulder strap is very thin and cheap
when they made it I think they were pushing the back pack strap usage
im going to redo the d-rings and get a better thicker padded shoulder strap and will be good to go
hard to beat the price thick nylon all so

dave

The Tac Ops bag is above your budget by almost twice - that said, if you want a drag bag that is top shelf, look no further. Here's a link to a current group buy on these. You probably won't find a better price, so jump aboard if you're interested - http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...p-buys/214271-tac-ops-drag-bag-group-buy.html
I have a Tac Ops short bag in Multi-cam and love it. Being honest, it's probably way overkill for my needs and uses, but if you live by the "buy once, cry once" mantra it's the last bag most of us will ever need to buy.

Another option if you want to go a little more spartan on features, but heavy duty none the less, is the bag by Triad Tactical. Haven't seen or used one myself, but Triad is a site sponser and these bags have received good reviews too - Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*Triad Precision Rifle Carry Case