• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New ELR Record

I'm pretty sure Paul would tell you flat out that he doesn't think of it as a record if you asked him. This was a research project more than anything.

-Alex

Yup I wouldn’t consider it a record and neither does Paul but it was great data and he now has better dope for that range. Said on his Facebook page he is going for 4.5 miles next. Would love to be a forward observer on that one

Yup I wouldn’t consider it a record and neither does Paul but it was great data and he now has better dope for that range. Said on his Facebook page he is going for 4.5 miles next. Would love to be a forward observer on that one

We used forward observers but they had to be well short of the target for safety. They could call side to side correction but they had a very hard time calling long or short with any accuracy. Once he got close I was mostly calling warmer or colder based on sound signature from the video relay. Once he was in view of the camera, the FO guys didn't have a lot to do. We switched shooters and bullets enough to require keeping them down there so they certainly played their part. Wouldn't call it an enviable job though.

-Alex

Reactions: Vamike9 and jasent
I’d bet I would have learned quite a bit from just being there though.

Living the dream!!!!

The team hit the target on its 69th shot. Each member of the 13-man team had a specific job and they needed to work together to execute the shot.

69th shot come on this isn't rifle shooting this is calling in very small artillery. Do it in 5 shots hell even 10 shots or less then I will consider it making a shot with a rifle.

What was the data gained point your rifle at the moon pull the trigger your bound to hit something 3-4 miles away.....LOL

• Haha
Reactions: CNC-Dude
What I would like to know is, could you set up in the same area again, send a round downrange and hit "near" the target with the data collected ?
That would be impressive.
Keep up the good work.
SJC

What I would like to know is, could you set up in the same area again, send a round downrange and hit "near" the target with the data collected ?
That would be impressive.
Keep up the good work.
SJC
Maybe
Maybe not
The more times you shot there the better your data gets and the better chance of you being really close on the first shot.

Bill poor was able to connect at 7150 this past Saturday in Texas. I was able to be part of the team that did this.

Reactions: jasent
69th shot come on this isn't rifle shooting this is calling in very small artillery. Do it in 5 shots hell even 10 shots or less then I will consider it making a shot with a rifle.

What was the data gained point your rifle at the moon pull the trigger your bound to hit something 3-4 miles away.....LOL

69 shots.....1.44% hit ratio..........so you are saying there is a chance:):):)
EJ