• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New equipment

MK20

Major Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2018
    The land of many waters
    Picked this baby up last weekend.

1914 Lodge and Shipley 20x168 lathe.
    Quick change gear box
    3 jaw, 4 jaw, faceplate, and 2 steady rests.
    Taper attachment too.

$2000 and I found a guy to deliver it for 150 bucks, but I had to move it.

I cannot complain. The previous owner has 5 types of cancer now from agent orange exposure. He cannot use it anymore but he did some good work with it back in the day.

20230515_142605.jpg

The previous owner made these out of decommissioned 105mm gun barrels.
    20230517_172037.jpg

@sirhrmechanic and @buffalowinter for a good source for 105mm barrels.

I
    Also, the gentleman has 2 halftracks with enough parts to build a complete one between the two. He wants 1000 for the lot. Anyone know someone who wants them?
    I'd be all over those half track's if I had any way to get them to my ranch.:cry:

Picked this baby up last weekend.

1914 Lodge and Shipley 20x168 lathe.
    Quick change gear box
    3 jaw, 4 jaw, faceplate, and 2 steady rests.
    Taper attachment too.

$2000 and I found a guy to deliver it for 150 bucks, but I had to move it.

I cannot complain. The previous owner has 5 types of cancer now from agent orange exposure. He cannot use it anymore but he did some good work with it back in the day.

View attachment 8150168

The previous owner made these out of decommissioned 105mm gun barrels.
    View attachment 8150169

@sirhrmechanic and @buffalowinter for a good source for 105mm barrels.
    I wish I could find a 75MM barrel specifically for re-lining a cannon... I'd give a body part for a 105 barrel. They are incredibly difficult to find. Especially the Sherman 75mm barrels... because all the tank restorers snap them up!

Nice lathe! That's a seriously beautiful machine!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Also, the gentleman has 2 halftracks with enough parts to build a complete one between the two. He wants 1000 for the lot. Anyone know someone who wants them?

Where are these, does the guy have a way to load them on a lb trailer ?

I wish I could find a 75MM barrel specifically for re-lining a cannon... I'd give a body part for a 105 barrel. They are incredibly difficult to find. Especially the Sherman 75mm barrels... because all the tank restorers snap them up!

Nice lathe! That's a seriously beautiful machine!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I have a 30MM barrel if you want to build a bolt gun. 😁

Reactions: Yasherka
    Plus 1 on the location.

I know some guys that run in those circles . . . especially in a couple of weeks (MVPA - Des Moines, IA)

Pacific North West in Idaho
    Got pics?

If you want, I can do a little bit of advertising for you at the National Military Vehicle Preservation Association (MVPA) convention in Des Moines in a couple of weeks.

I know it might seem like a long distance, but those guys really don't think much about mileage. They routinely haul all kinds of tracked vehicles.