• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report New "essential reading" coming out...

Re: New "essential reading" coming out...

Thanks for the heads up, I've been looking forward to this one.

I look forward to the bluecollar reviews, which represents the true audience for this book.

I have a strong suspicion that this book will drive me into a much anticipated, much relished, semi-retirement from the "Dear Abbey, I have this shooting problem"-like role I've been straining to fill here for the past decade or so..

...And maybe I'm just plagued with outlandish egotism..., far from an impossibility...

It'll likely be a huge relief...; and folks will get better answers, to boot...

There's no denying the emergence of a true advancement...

Greg

The program is written in Java, according to the web page, so it should run on a Mac with a recent Java interpreter.

This book is awesome!

FYI: JLK's 6.5mm 140 really trounces everyone else's in terms of BC...

Although it goes without saying given the above comments (thanks guys), I'm still going to announce the end of the pre-order phase.

The books are now on hand and available for immediate shipment.

promo12.png

Take care,
-Bryan

Books for my friend and me came to me today. My thanks to Bryan Litz

Got mine, its full of intersting data and comparrison charts. Assuming the individual bullet data is correct, Bryan is very good so he is getting my nod on this one, it will give you the ability to compare performance in the air of two or more different bullets (what they do to critters once they hit is a different game alltogether).

It also includes a free ballistics program that I'm testing against my Exbal, and my Brother's Field firing solutions.

JeffVN

just ordered mine i'm waiting by the door until it gets here.

Am I Safe to assume that the ballistic program accompanying this book is superior to the majority of ballistic calculators out there like exbal and alike??

Im gonna order a copy of the book but I consider it a double bonus if the calculator is better than what have now.

-john

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpmuscle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I Safe to assume that the ballistic program accompanying this book is superior to the majority of ballistic calculators out there like exbal and alike??

Im gonna order a copy of the book but I consider it a double bonus if the calculator is better than what have now.

-john </div></div>

Cant say, but something to keep in mind if you have not purchased yet

Feature wise no, it is pretty basic. Accuracy wise is another story...

Consider that the calculator was written by the same individual who derived the BCs and it was verified with those BCs against his data. Results match JBM almost exactly when his BCs are used.

The calculator was intended to be a 'no frills' ballistics calculator; essential inputs only. I designed the interface and function to be primarily an educational tool to accompany the examples in the book, but it can be used as a stand alone program for practical use also. As stated above, the solver is highly accurate.

Note the program doesn't work on Mac, only PC.

Take care,
-Bryan