• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Falkor bolt action

Bart

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2005
Amarillo, Tx
Hello all!
Just saw Falkor just dropped their new action, I have been shopping around for a new action with a rem 700 footprint, and was wondering if this means that the barrels are swappable:
1 1/16×16 TPI barrel thread tenon
Any thoughts regarding this new offering in general?

Thank you!

Jordan

Reactions: jhutch3313
Thanks, Browning!
Wandering through the field of actions available is a little bewildering , but this price point had me intrigued.

If I wasn’t already so set up with Curtis / terminus I would probably try one of these out in 6 creed

I just put in a pre order for one of these last night, figured I'd bump the thread up. Really looking forward to getting it in and putting everything together.

Got mine in today, super impressed with the quality, feel and packaging. Can't wait to get a barrel on it and see how it runs.

Attachments

• 1023201355_HDR.jpg
    1023201355_HDR.jpg
    698 KB · Views: 468
I'm excited to hear reports about this action, Falkor makes a good products. I was impressed with what I heard from the Falkor crew on the PRM podcast about this action and their design philosophy.

I'm still curious to know if they made it cock on open, 50/50 or cock on close.

Reactions: Tacovrd
Hello all!
Just saw Falkor just dropped their new action, I have been shopping around for a new action with a rem 700 footprint, and was wondering if this means that the barrels are swappable:
1 1/16×16 TPI barrel thread tenon
Any thoughts regarding this new offering in general?

Thank you!

Jordan
Hello, this is Damon with Nemesis Machine. These actions will accept prefits. We have sent 16 Falkor barreled actions out in the last 2-3 months. They hold tolerance and worth your money.

4E5B3149-247E-46E9-8FE8-AC81566D04DD.jpeg

Attachments

• BE096FD0-E11D-445F-AEEC-CF5381866CD3.jpeg
    BE096FD0-E11D-445F-AEEC-CF5381866CD3.jpeg
    673 KB · Views: 278
  • 5DF67CA0-0405-40A5-BB55-65F86C9CF51F.jpeg
    5DF67CA0-0405-40A5-BB55-65F86C9CF51F.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 5715C60F-5165-4E4F-B6F7-03804E9B9B17.jpeg
    5715C60F-5165-4E4F-B6F7-03804E9B9B17.jpeg
    535 KB · Views: 293
  • 42098623-394A-4BD5-9C59-CCAA12A7DD1B.jpeg
    42098623-394A-4BD5-9C59-CCAA12A7DD1B.jpeg
    634.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 12AA57D7-7867-4A6F-AF71-AA3264004A11.jpeg
    12AA57D7-7867-4A6F-AF71-AA3264004A11.jpeg
    673.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 61261A73-0066-4B17-9B11-277431915365.jpeg
    61261A73-0066-4B17-9B11-277431915365.jpeg
    427.4 KB · Views: 273
  • C40B8DBE-15B3-457C-A338-64D78890702C.jpeg
    C40B8DBE-15B3-457C-A338-64D78890702C.jpeg
    691 KB · Views: 287
  • 3761C636-03F0-4FBD-8329-F503AB19B90E.jpeg
    3761C636-03F0-4FBD-8329-F503AB19B90E.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 38548A75-5167-4B4F-B4C4-13CF3E5831B5.jpeg
    38548A75-5167-4B4F-B4C4-13CF3E5831B5.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 262
  • 988059C4-BC1A-4216-8A35-C4388ACA7921.jpeg
    988059C4-BC1A-4216-8A35-C4388ACA7921.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 274
  • B47B36E7-2960-4D0D-9920-171EC67332F9.jpeg
    B47B36E7-2960-4D0D-9920-171EC67332F9.jpeg
    647.3 KB · Views: 270
I have one built, I used a impact 6CM prefit from hunts long range that I bought from a user here. It works great, headspace is fine. It’s at the gunsmith now getting a .308 barrel spun up for it as well. Overall the action is super smooth and great quality
53CCC1B2-F90D-4C57-AD30-A6DB2D4DFDE7.jpeg

I like Falkors stuff and have a set of their AR receivers that are great. Seems like they got everything right on this, but my question is:

What does this do better than an Impact? Which is a known quantity.

I have one built, I used a impact 6CM prefit from hunts long range that I bought from a user here. It works great, headspace is fine. It’s at the gunsmith now getting a .308 barrel spun up for it as well. Overall the action is super smooth and great qualityView attachment 7483272
I'm waiting on mine to get finished up at the smith. How's the feeding and extraction?

What did an impact do better than the Surgeon? Which was a known quantity.
Prefit barrels made by a number of smiths. I’m sure Surgeons hold tolerances well enough but far more companies offer impact prefits ready to go.

What did an impact do better than the Surgeon? Which was a known quantity.
Wasn’t Surgeon already out of the game, losing market share well before Impact was launched?

Defiance would have been the comparison I would have made. And Defiance followed Impact in making actions marketed for prefits.

Wasn’t Surgeon already out of the game, losing market share well before Impact was launched?

Defiance would have been the comparison I would have made. And Defiance followed Impact in making actions marketed for prefits.
You missed the point.

Surgeon and the impact are basically the same thing (you can use a a surgeon barrel on an impact) but one is old and tired and one is new and fancy.

Just because one thing exists doesn’t mean that something else shouldn’t come to the market.

Finally got to shoot mine yesterday.

Lapua factory 90gr @2960 fps with an SD of 13. I don't mess around shooting groups at 100, but it stacked 5 rounds into about 2" at 400 on a plate. Swift Creek Rifles did phenomenal work and it'll only get better with hand loads.

Reactions: Stoweit
Finally got mine out yesterday after throwing some loads together.
* KRG Bravo chassis
* Brux Rem. Sendero contour 1-8 twist
* Jewell trigger set at 10 oz
* 22 BR with a Manson reamer: .252 neck and .050 FB
This is primarily a varmint rig for p-dogs, so 75 grain bullets will be heavies, and 55 grains will be used in most settings. The bolt is really smooth and solid feeling while working the action. How has the ejector been for others that have used the action? Mine did not throw the case clear of the loading port. Not sure if it was cold weather (25*), or if the spring is weak on mine.
Falkor.jpg
IMG_1131[1672].jpg

* KRG Bravo chassis
This is primarily a varmint rig for p-dogs, so 75 grain bullets will be heavies, and 55 grains will be used in most settings. The bolt is really smooth and solid feeling while working the action. How has the ejector been for others that have used the action? Mine did not throw the case clear of the loading port. Not sure if it was cold weather (25*), or if the spring is weak on mine.
View attachment 7519278View attachment 7519279

I found out pretty quickly that you can't pussyfoot ejecting spent brass. It wants you to run the bolt like a man.

I found out pretty quickly that you can't pussyfoot ejecting spent brass. It wants you to run the bolt like a man.
:ROFLMAO: My problem is not wanting my brass to hit the ground (snow that day), due to my reloading practices. My Borden BR action was spitting the brass out of the dual port like crazy that day.

* KRG Bravo chassis
View attachment 7519278View attachment 7519279
Nice dude looks great.

:ROFLMAO: My problem is not wanting my brass to hit the ground (snow that day), due to my reloading practices. My Borden BR action was spitting the brass out of the dual port like crazy that day.
I was doing the same thing, albeit because of grass. My buddy's range is notorious for swallowing brass and that Lapua is too expensive to lose.

Anyone know if the Falkor 7even standard bolt has a large or small firing pin?
Thanks...

Hi All,

I've had my 7even action for a couple of weeks now. Still waiting on the barrel.
In the meantime I test fit the action into my chassis which is an ARC Xylo and was bummed to find out that it doesn't fit out of the box. Both the action and chassis are allegedly R700 footprint but as usual with these things, some fitting may be required. I don't know which one is out of spec.

The first problem is the line on the 7even action where the round profile becomes the flat octagonal shape. That corner edge is approx .020" wider than a round receiver would be at that point and thus the action won't settle into the round profile of the bedding on the Xylo chassis. This may be a unique problem to the Xylo as just looking at some of the other pictures in this thread the 7even seems to mate very well with other chassis.

The second issue is the distance from the action screws to the recoil lug is too long, thus when the recoil lug was fully seated against the bedding block the screws were being pushed back too far and binding in their holes. I don't know if this is a case of the 7even's dimensions being too long or the Xylo's being too short.

Anyways, problem number 2 was an easy fix with a round file to elongate the action screw holes on the chassis so the recoil lug could bed properly.

Problem number 1 took some creative thinking, a lot of measuring and some heart-in-mouth moments as I machined some grooves into the chassis so that the action could sit properly in the bedding. I'm now happy with how well it fits into the Xylo chassis.

IMG_0622_Medium.jpgIMG_0623_Medium.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 4O6shootist
Hi All,

I've had my 7even action for a couple of weeks now. Still waiting on the barrel.
In the meantime I test fit the action into my chassis which is an ARC Xylo and was bummed to find out that it doesn't fit out of the box. Both the action and chassis are allegedly R700 footprint but as usual with these things, some fitting may be required. I don't know which one is out of spec.

The first problem is the line on the 7even action where the round profile becomes the flat octagonal shape. That corner edge is approx .020" wider than a round receiver would be at that point and thus the action won't settle into the round profile of the bedding on the Xylo chassis. This may be a unique problem to the Xylo as just looking at some of the other pictures in this thread the 7even seems to mate very well with other chassis.

The second issue is the distance from the action screws to the recoil lug is too long, thus when the recoil lug was fully seated against the bedding block the screws were being pushed back too far and binding in their holes. I don't know if this is a case of the 7even's dimensions being too long or the Xylo's being too short.

Anyways, problem number 2 was an easy fix with a round file to elongate the action screw holes on the chassis so the recoil lug could bed properly.

Problem number 1 took some creative thinking, a lot of measuring and some heart-in-mouth moments as I machined some grooves into the chassis so that the action could sit properly in the bedding. I'm now happy with how well it fits into the Xylo chassis.

View attachment 7766126View attachment 7766127
Hello CamoWhamo, we are sorry to hear that you were having some fitment issues, yes our actions are R700 compatible, there is some variance from brand to brand on where the recoil lug sits from the action screw, to alleviate this many brands have moved to oblong holes on the chassis body for the action screws to allow adjustment, we have recently adopted this practice on our own chassis, so that if customers wish to run another action it allows them to take up any slack between the recoil lug and the chassis. As for the first issue you were having with the action seating in the bedding area, we have not heard of this happening with any other brand of chassis, however we will be looking into it, and getting in contact with Xylo or getting in a chassis to test fit with. If you need anything please fell free to reach out to me, or the shop.

@CamoWhamo that's not good to hear, I haze a xylo and have ran 3 different actions in it, impact, nucleus and origin without issue, really like that chassis for my lighter field configuration. I have been contemplating a 7even for a lil bit and am about to pull the trigger, but having to mill my chassis open isn't something I should have to do.

Hello CamoWhamo, we are sorry to hear that you were having some fitment issues, yes our actions are R700 compatible, there is some variance from brand to brand on where the recoil lug sits from the action screw, to alleviate this many brands have moved to oblong holes on the chassis body for the action screws to allow adjustment, we have recently adopted this practice on our own chassis, so that if customers wish to run another action it allows them to take up any slack between the recoil lug and the chassis. As for the first issue you were having with the action seating in the bedding area, we have not heard of this happening with any other brand of chassis, however we will be looking into it, and getting in contact with Xylo or getting in a chassis to test fit with. If you need anything please fell free to reach out to me, or the shop.

Thanks for the reply. I think this issue is probably unique to the ARC Xylo. I have no complaints with my 7even. I'm actually very pleased with it.
To be fair to Falkor, I'm sure ARC designed the Xylo to mate with their own actions (Mausingfield, Nucleus, Archimedes) which are all fully round receiver profiles. The bedding area of the Xylo is also a full round profile and not the typical 'V' block you often see on chassis'. The Xylo's bedding wraps around the receiver a lot more than other chassis where the action more or less sits on top of the bedding.
Over in the Xylo thread there are some users that have mentioned the Xylo won't fit a genuine R700 with the factory trigger, so while ARC say it is R700 compatible, it's not 100%.
I really want to use the Xylo because I just love the ergonomics of it so I decided to make it work. It was disappointing that I needed to do some fitting but I was not surprised.

P.S. If you do get a Xylo for testing you will also need to change the recoil lug wedge to the .250" part.

Edit: I've attached a couple of before pics which show where the action was too wide for the chassis.

InkedIMG_0621_Small.jpgInkedIMG_0618_Small.jpg

Last edited:
jhutch3313, while I have your attention, what are the steps to disassemble the bolt.
Does it need a tool like those used for the factory R700?
Is there a penny slot for the boot lace method?

The blurb on your web site says interchangeable bolt knobs. What is the thread size and are there any off-the-shelf knobs that will fit. The standard knob is great but one day I might look at changing it out for a round ball knob because that is what a most of my other rifles have.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: mwd92870
jhutch3313, while I have your attention, what are the steps to disassemble the bolt.
Does it need a tool like those used for the factory R700?
Is there a penny slot for the boot lace method?

The blurb on your web site says interchangeable bolt knobs. What is the thread size and are there any off-the-shelf knobs that will fit. The standard knob is great but one day I might look at changing it out for a round ball knob because that is what a most of my other rifles have.

Thanks
We do appreciate the feedback, It helps us stay on top of things as a company, the driving force in the development of the 7even was and is listening to the feedback of shooters and giving them the things they wanted to see in an action and changing those that they dont. The disassembly does take a tool like the R700 yes, and yes there is a slot that you can use to disassemble with a boot lace.

The bolt handles are interchangeable but the thread style is proprietary to Falkor you can reach out to get the options to my email below or the info@ email. I have attached a photo with examples, but we are working on more designs. I have also attached a photo.

Attachments

• ActionHandleOptionsSquare.png
    ActionHandleOptionsSquare.png
    195.6 KB · Views: 86
I just finished a Falkor action build in 6.5 creedmoor for an NRL hunter build. It’s a smooth action! Not as smooth as my lone peak action but that’s the good standard for me. Excited to run it in a match come January 14th. I’m optimistic it’ll do great. Of note, it fit into a krg bravo and mpa hybrid with zero issues

A2F315E9-D2A6-4D0B-ABFB-7163E3C4414C.jpeg