• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New family member

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    We just picked up a new family member today . A Belgian Malinois and her name is Aurora .
    She and my 16 year old are thick as thieves already . High energy dog for a high energy young man . He actually tired her out today . Hope she can keep up . He runs daily 2-3 miles . Has done 10 milers and seems to have energy for more .
    IMG_20240107_132052510_HDR.jpg

Man we are so blessed .

Beautiful pup. They definitely have way too much drive for me to have one, but I love the breed.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    Some great news just when we need it. Thank you for sharing.

Give a bunch of head scratches from all of us. To the dog, of course.

God bless you and your family, including Aurora.

great. only 2nd black mal i have seen. 1st one sat at a GS with his handler. you will need the 16 yo energy sink.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Alphatreedog
    GSD is only low energy compared to a mal. energy and time an issue,get a rottie or maybe a bouvier. they can do all the working dog,competetion & companion stuff. they just won't drive you quite as crazy if time and energy could be a problem. all 4 are great. but then so are most dogs that get good care,training and companionship.

Sister in law has one and he is batshit crazy . Super high energy , good family protector and beautiful .
    I find females to be more docile than males in any breed .
    And yeah . I actually looked for a puppy with the huge ears . SIL's had em and bear paws as a pup . He turned out awesome .

Another thing about the Mal is that they are very trainable and have good temperment. That is why, in K9 work, they are often found catching suspects. They will bite and hold and then release, on command.

I only know a little about that. I know some handlers train their GSDs with german commands. Not many american hoodlums know any german.

Does one train a Belgian Malinois with french?

Beautiful pup. They definitely have way too much drive for me to have one, but I love the breed.

I agree, and I do Border Collies. These make borders seem mellow and a couch potato.

I don't think I could put in the time it would require.

My friend had a border collie or maybe border cross we found dumped. She was one of my favorite, not my dog, dogs. I have come to really like the personality and people please drive of the pitbull and pitbull cross dogs. Extra points if they get that short pitbull coat.

that's why i liked rotts. the time,knowledge and dedication needed to make a dog as shown above is beyond imagination. bite commitment was extrodinary. AND,gotta know breeder,their record and know how to pick a pup if that sort of outcome is your goal. they are great dogs anyway if you know how to put in the work even for a "pet".

First day went great . The boy had her out early running and playing. He went to school . I'm sick as balls from Road Food ( think I'd learn ) . So playing fetch with balls and bone in the house . Wife walked her mid afternoon. Got a solid nap out of her . Boy got home and drove her to the park . No shortage of activity for the furry monkey .

Reactions: kindabitey
    Sister in law has one and he is batshit crazy . Super high energy , good family protector and beautiful .
    I find females to be more docile than males in any breed .
    And yeah . I actually looked for a puppy with the huge ears . SIL's had em and bear paws as a pup . He turned out awesome .
    Hahahah, my mal pictured in my profile was female and anything but docile. Good luck they're so damn smart and great dogs, just not for everyone. I loved mine but likely will never have another mal. It's good that your son is running her.

Reactions: kindabitey