• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New firearm - Bug-a-Salt

hollowoutadime

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
Loaded with sea salt, this is pretty effective on bugs.
Bug-A-Salt.jpg

Reactions: Jgunner
HELL YEA!
I have the CO2 powered one and it’s Incredible, dissecting flying bugs into dust a foo away.

Owe shit were did you get a co 2 salt gun? We have carpenter bees that chew on our house and the pump salt gun doesn’t phase them. Was thinking my 9mm with bird shot 🤣

Reactions: TXAZ
That shredder is sweet but FFS its more expensive to shoot than a 22. Can you reload the cartridges yourself? Is it salt that's been wet and packed in the holes?

Reactions: Basher
That shredder is sweet but FFS its more expensive to shoot than a 22. Can you reload the cartridges yourself? Is it salt that's been wet and packed in the holes?

A dude on YouTube has successfully reloaded them, but it takes so long that I’m not sure I’d consider it to be worth it.

Bug-A-Salt's.....yeah they're effective. We started with 2 of the 'Version 1's'..... then they came out with the V2 so we picked up a few of those. Then they came out with the V3's and we actually saw the amount of difference between the 1 & 2 so we were interested.... but figured we'd wait a year or two and just go straight to the V4.. Money and prudence, ya know??

They haven't yet, so we ordered a pair of the V3's here about 6ish months ago, or something. And 1 laser too, just for fun.

We're not interested in the CO2 version, simply because of 'leaving it charged' destroys the seal.

We're really hoping that when V4 finally rolls out, it is "slightly curved and is initiated with a clacker"

Owe shit were did you get a co 2 salt gun? We have carpenter bees that chew on our house and the pump salt gun doesn’t phase them. Was thinking my 9mm with bird shot 🤣

Reactions: Devildog
Is there a bolt action AI clone salt gun?

I just want it for the novelty, I have cats that take care of any bugs in the house

This thread on the bug a Salt from 2020 had some good suggestions and funnies in it.

They just don't last, and the safety was stupid, but I removed those.

My experience has been that the bug-a-salt(i have the latest non-CO2 version) does not kill the flies, it only stuns them temporarily, and if you don't quickly nail it super close range and follow up your shots, they recover from the "concussion" and continue on...

They need to make a none CO2 version that is more powerful...

Last edited:
My experience has been that the bug-a-salt(i have the latest non-CO2 version) does not kill the flies, it only stuns them temporarily, and if you don't quickly nail it super close range and follow up your shots, they recover from the "concussion" and continue on...

They need to make a none CO2 version that is more powerful...
Have you tried hitting them with the salt? I have splattered many a fly with them, however you cannot shoot them from 100 yards nor can you miss by very much.