• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New firmware for Garmin 701 released

walkabout

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
Devon, England
New firmware for Garmin 701 released, seems to fix some problems with the Sig 2400 & 3000 units.
Also in the Garmin 701 unit there is now a connect for Vectronix, don't know if this works as I don't have a Vectronix LRF.

I was wondering, did this update add the display of both wind values on the main screen? I can't remember if it already had that or not. I wanna say it didn't, and the only way to see both was through the range card. At any rate, just updated mine.

That has been on there since launch.

Cool. Any idea when the new bullets will make it into the profile loader? I just downloaded and installed v74, and it still doesn't have the 130 RDF. In some ways its moot, since the Garmin update loaded them into the 701. But it'd be nice to generate the profile from the loader (just more user friendly U/I).

Also noticed that, renaming an existing profile in the PL causes it to crash (repeatable bug). As in, select imported profile from the Garmin, import, then select that profile, then highlight the name at the top, retype it, and hit save profile. PL just crashes. Had to load saved profile and basically clone it out with a new name to get the name to change (which is weird because I changed the name on the device before importing it, but it still imported as "New3", the original name on the Garmin...even when the Garmin displayed the profile as "77Valk").

Cool. Any idea when the new bullets will make it into the profile loader? I just downloaded and installed v74, and it still doesn't have the 130 RDF. In some ways its moot, since the Garmin update loaded them into the 701. But it'd be nice to generate the profile from the loader (just more user friendly U/I).

Also noticed that, renaming an existing profile in the PL causes it to crash (repeatable bug). As in, select imported profile from the Garmin, import, then select that profile, then highlight the name at the top, retype it, and hit save profile. PL just crashes. Had to load saved profile and basically clone it out with a new name to get the name to change (which is weird because I changed the name on the device before importing it, but it still imported as "New3", the original name on the Garmin...even when the Garmin displayed the profile as "77Valk").

We are undergoing some changes. Users with the latest version of AB Analytics actually have the newer libraries. So the profile loader has been maintained. We are now working on some updates to the free public version. Hoping to have something soon but we are on the road for 2+ weeks at the moment.

Is the profile you are renaming in the box on the lower left or lower right when you try to rename it? I will attempt to repeat this.

Reactions: MarinePMI
We are undergoing some changes. Users with the latest version of AB Analytics actually have the newer libraries. So the profile loader has been maintained. We are now working on some updates to the free public version. Hoping to have something soon but we are on the road for 2+ weeks at the moment.

Is the profile you are renaming in the box on the lower left or lower right when you try to rename it? I will attempt to repeat this.
It's in the lower left (already imported from the device).