• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New flash hiders and muzzle breaks from SAS

Cheese

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2006
CONUS
Tim at SAS is finished with his new threaded muzzle breaks and flash hiders for the SAS cans.
I will definitely be getting a few of the flash hiders, they have external threading with the attached thread protectors.
These are available for the .338, .30, and .223 caliber cans.
I already have the break on my .338 however it is QD as a few of you already know. Expect that version soon.
The flash hiders will be priced at $75.00
Mountwmcom2.jpg

.223 Flash hider with thread protector.
Mountwmcom.jpg

Muzzle break with thread protector.

Cool look and very functional.

Re: New flash hiders and muzzle breaks from SAS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tim at SAS is finished with his new threaded muzzle breaks and flash hiders for the SAS cans.
I will definitely be getting a few of the flash hiders, they have external threading with the attached thread protectors.
These are available for the .338, .30, and .223 caliber cans.
I already have the break on my .338 however it is QD as a few of you already know. Expect that version soon.
The flash hiders will be priced at $75.00
Mountwmcom2.jpg

.223 Flash hider with thread protector.
Mountwmcom.jpg

Muzzle break with thread protector.

Cool look and very functional. </div></div>

Great looking flash hider.

Are these available for purchase now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are these available for purchase now? </div></div>

Tim has advised me that they are for sale.
They work on all the SAS suppressors in several different calibers.

Ok, I've got one on order. He's going to profile it to match 0.860 @ the muzzle. My smith shouldn't have to knock my 22" varmint barrel back more than a couple 16ths of an inch in order to get it to match up perfectly. I'll post some pics in a few weeks once it's all finished.

I like the hell out of that brake idea. I'd order one but haven't been able to contact Tim for weeks , is he answering his phone now?

He picked up the phone twice within two rings about a half hour ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the hell out of that brake idea. I'd order one but haven't been able to contact Tim for weeks , is he answering his phone now? </div></div>

Sure is.

Mine will be in my hands soon!!! My dealer just contacted me and is holding my suppressor!!! Just have to wait on my ATF papers. I ordered the muzzle brake and Tim accidently sent the flash hider. I'll just keep it though, it looks bitchin, I'll just throw it on the AR-10...

The brake is quite effective in terms of recoil control as well. A couple of friends and I have had these brakes on our 16" bbl 308's and AR-15's for about 2 months now (Tim asked that we not let the cat out of the bag on these back then) and they work!! Pic of my 308 with a little Gen 1+ for subsonic coyote poppin (when the ATF ever finishes with the paperwork LOL)

P1000590.jpg

P1000592.jpg

Tim, if you're reading this I hope you've got a bunch of these things ready to go brother!

Badass rig.
I agree about the break. I have been shooting the .338 with one for several months now.

you can get to the site by the cut and paste method.
www.sas-llc.us

Google and yahoo have a redirect bug. It is not the SAS website.
If you do a google search and click on the link you are redirected to a ad/virus scanner scam. We are working with the hosting company
and google to correct this.

Hopefully the problem is resolved! Tim makes quality products at an affordable price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Google and yahoo have a redirect bug. It is not the SAS website.
If you do a google search and click on the link you are redirected to a ad/virus scanner scam. We are working with the hosting company
and google to correct this.</div></div>

Um, what he said. This went around some time back and appears to have cropped up again lately. I forget what country's mafia they said was running it this time.

I talked to Tim today about the brake and he told me he is getting almost 4db reduction with the brake in his can. It starts the gases moving sideways before it gets to the first baffle. I just put one on my Christmas list to go with my form one can.

What thread does the brake use to attach to the barrel? 5/8x24 then the can uses a bigger thread

What does he charge for the brake model? , I'm intrested in getting one maybe two but can't get hold of Tim

Thats a great price , do you know if the brake will fit a 5/8x24 threaded muzzle?

I can offer the following at this time:
- 3/4x24 ($75.00ea)
- 3/4x28 ($75.00ea)
- 5/8x24 ($75.00ea)
- 1/2x28 ($75.00ea)
- 1/2x36 Colt 9mm SMG ($75.00ea)
- 9/16x24 R/H and L/H for the FALS ($75.00ea)
- M18x1.0 Sako TRG ($85.00ea)
- M18x1.5 (in work)

- if there are other that you are interested in lmk and I will pass it along to see what and if it will be workable.

lead time on any of these can be from instock to 60 days at this time. s/h will be via USPS Priority Mail Delivery Confirmation $7.50ea package.

What he said.
I'll post some more pics soon.

J Jones,

Info sent off.

Thanks

So how exactly does the threading work? I just got my two sas cans, one is 7.62 the other 5.56. Do I buy tim's flash suppressor (with correct threads), thread it on and then the can threads on the suppressor? With no mods to the can correct?

depending on what you ordered. did you order a direct thread on can for your existing threaded barrel such as the 5.56 sounds like an AR-15 with 1/2x28. so if you told him you wanted to attach by direct removal of the existing brake/flash hider and threading on can. or did yours come with a large hole in the rear and a new mb or fh with it? if you ordered it as a direct thread on these will not work with your setup. I know Tim is extremely busy so if you have questions feel free to contact me and I will be glad to assist.

What is the outside diameter of the 30 cal brake? Got any more pics of them installed?

ETA - Also, will the 30 cal can also work on a 223 AR with one of the quick detach hiders installed (like the YHM)?

AJBello, yes the 30 cal will work on an AR, I have the 1/2-28 tpi brake on my AR 15 so I can run my 30 cal can on either rifle.

outside back end diameter is 1.085" area and looks good on most all barrels I have seen and installed them on. As Greg stated, yes the .30cal can will install on the .223's with the same mb or f/h setup for that caliber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggarrett1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AJBello, yes the 30 cal will work on an AR, I have the 1/2-28 tpi brake on my AR 15 so I can run my 30 cal can on either rifle. </div></div>

grin.gif

Just talked to Stacey and sent him a PM for a 30 cal brake and a 223 <span style="text-decoration: line-through">FH</span> brake (changed my mind
grin.gif
) . This will be my first venture into the suppressor world. I'm stoked!

Has anyone been able to get in touch with SAS lately? I haven't been able to get comms via phone or email, and his voice mailbox is full... I understand that he is busy making suppressors, I'm just hoping he is still taking on more orders!

yes he is very busy working on all the orders in at this time, working through the holidays as well. so trying to get intouch with him at this time will be very difficult. if there is anything I can do to assist lmk. I have .30cal SAS suppressors instock for MB and FH attachements in S/S at this time.

Capt. pm replied, give me a call or phone #

Cheese and/or Garret...

What is the external thread on your brake? I ordered one for a 308 from him and the internal thread appears to be 5/8 but the external thread (under the protector) is around 0.933" (outside edge of the threads). I was a little surprised because I expected it to be 5/8. My 7.62 model suppressor is still sitting at the FFL so I can't check, but is that the right thread? I put in a call and got his assistant but apparently she's new and didn't know the answer.

It is stamped simply "308"

Am I correct in assuming that you the suppressor can be mounted to both the Brake and the FH?

As in, I could run a brake on my 308 and a FH on my 223 and mount the suppressor on either?

Stacey, PM sent! You're just right down the road from me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cheese and/or Garret...

What is the external thread on your brake? I ordered one for a 308 from him and the internal thread appears to be 5/8 but the external thread (under the protector) is around 0.933" (outside edge of the threads). I was a little surprised because I expected it to be 5/8. My 7.62 model suppressor is still sitting at the FFL so I can't check, but is that the right thread? I put in a call and got his assistant but apparently she's new and didn't know the answer.

It is stamped simply "308"

</div></div>

Depends which one you have, it you have the standard thread on model it won't work with the brake setup, the can with the brake has a lot bigger thread pattern so the brake actually is in the can when it's attached to the rifle.

Scott

Rat, after the 1st give me a call if you would like. but it sounds as you ordered a direct connect can threaded to 5/8x24tpi, which will directly or should attached to your threaded barrel. the suppressor has to be ordered as a "muzzle brake and/or flash hider direct connect" model. on the can, you can go to the ffl/sot, ask to see the can and verify which model you have. that is my recommendation.

Sounds like you have it summed up pretty well Stacey. I guess I should have just asked a few more questions before I ordered it, but everything I'd heard just made it sound like it was designed to work with his existing cans. I guess I'll see if I can return it, if not maybe someone else on the hide needs one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggarrett1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AJBello, yes the 30 cal will work on an AR, I have the 1/2-28 tpi brake on my AR 15 so I can run my 30 cal can on either rifle.</div></div>

This is my SAS 30 cal can on my 22-250 using an adapter I had him make. I usually use the 30 cal can on my DPMS, but wanted to try it on my 22-250 and 223 guns.

SAS on my 22-250

Ratbert, I would recommend talking with Tim and getting the back end changed out. most likely the quickest and most cost effective means. best wishes and lmk if I can assist.

Well I found someone who wanted it so I've sold it to them and everyone's happy now. I'll just run with a normal thread protector, I guess.