• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report New Flatlines

Very nice , am running your 198s in my 300 NM . Might have to try the 6.5s , 140 class BC with 120 class
velocity will be nice .

Reactions: Yooper3402
How fast have you been able to get the 123gr bullets going from a 6.5 creed or 6.5x47, within reasonable pressure levels?
I'm running them in my 6.5 Creedmoor at 3120 with very comfortable pressures (using RL17). I did run RL16 just to try it and it was 100fps slower, but I found that I could fill the case entirely and it wasn't any where close to pressure. I'm also certain that one could run closer to 3200 with the RL17, but I have no need to push the envelope of speed as it is second fiddle to accuracy in my book.

curious to hear what the rationale was behind the 123gr in relation to your 121gr? They look nearly identical, maybe the 123gr is a tad shorter so the twist requirement a bit less?

Some have found the 121 a bit finicky to load and tune. The 123 has similar shape and proportion to the 151 7mm and 180 30 cal, so it should be much more forgiving and easy to tune. Twist requirement is essentially the same. If you compare them side by side, the 123 had much more of its mass out in front of the driving band where as there is a good bit more to the rear of the 121. This give you more room for powder behind the 123 (y), so it will be attractive to the magnum shooters. As I said above, I run them in my 6.5 Creedmoor and they fit in the AW magazines that I use (2.955 OAL), but it will be difficult to run them at standard mag length. I'd stick with the 121 if standard mag feed is a requirement.