• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision New FLIR -The RS Dedicated Thermal Weapon Scope- 60mm units just arrived!

Victor-TNVC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2007
    USA
    www.tnvc.com
    We will be announcing this at Shot and having a full preview. We're excited about this one, and no it's not the I-Phone 5 thermal attachment. We plan on carrying that one in big numbers once they come out. This particular piece is going to make many very happy happy.

FLIR ThermoSight® R-Series

60mm units just arrived, see page 8!

Vic

Last edited:
    You cannot post ads without being a sponsor and stepping on a sponsor's post is bad manners.

Attachments

• Thermosight_RS-unnamed.jpg
      Thermosight_RS-unnamed.jpg
      13.4 KB · Views: 26
    Wait Tnvc is releasing something at shot wait 2 years for you too see it did the wasp ever make it out just saying

AMF

Wait, you came in here to troll... It has not been even close to 2 years, (and it will NOT be released until I say it's ready completely, our customers deserve that). Oh and this product thread is FLIR PRODUCT. Just saying...

Last edited:
    We will be releasing pricing and model information on this product first thing Tuesday! We've handled the working models of these units, we're very happy with the performance.

Vic

Could they have given any less information?

Internal battery......BOOOOOOO...

FLIR Crypsis RS-Series.

FLIR's first commercial thermal rifle scope with five models, two resolutions, and three lens options...

FLIR%20RS.jpg

FLIR%20RSB.jpg

Thanks Skypup and is correct. The units are now supporting a Larue mount, nothing much has changed from the early models we handled. I am really impressed with the rubber armoring especially around the lens area. It's incredibly beefy in this area, a real welcomed edition!

Here is the breakdowns with pricing information.

Model MSRP
    RS-24, 1X - $3,499.00 / 240X180, 13mm
    RS-32, 1.25-5 - $3,999.00 / 320X240, 19mm
    RS-32, 2.25-9 - $4,499.00 / 320X240, 35mm
    RS-32, 4-16 - $7,499.00 / 320X340, 60mm
    RS-64, 1.1-9 - $6,499.00 / 640X480, 35mm
    RS-64, 2-16 - $8,999.00 / 640X480, 60mm

We are taking email pre-orders sales at tnvc dot com at the onset, but no monies will be taken. After Shot, we will have pre-order setups on our web site. FLIR tells us March/April shipping dates.

So how big a difference is it that the higher resolution 640x480 units are 30hz while the 320x240 ones are 60hz. Higher resolution with lower frame rate does what in terms of practical usage? Those 2 with 35mm lenses sure have my attention.

These could still be used for hand held detection also right? It would be nice to have it weapon mountable!

Fkn FLIR - Just cost me more money.... I JUST picked up a PVS-22 and now this! That's what I get for buying right before SHOT.

Oh well - If this can do handheld Thermal & Weapon Mount - it's a definite buy.

FLIR RS 60mm adjustable germanium objective lens:

FLIR%20RS%20Objective%2060mm.jpg

FLIR RS 35mm diopter adjustable glass ocular lens:

FLIR%20RS%2035mm%20Ocular.jpg

FLIR RS LaRue Mount:

FLIR%20RS%20LaRue%20Mount.jpg

?Us T-70 owners can also send units back to FLIR to upgrade to 100mm T-75 lens later on this spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may be a stupid question as I've never used a thermal before. I see this is stated for use as a 'night hunting' scope. Do these not work during the day? i.e. your trying to tease something out from cover, (animal in the brush). Is there not enough temp separation between breathing things and background during the day to be useful?

Yeah but its for "non game hunting"!!
    That's because you cant legally hunt game animals. Hogs, coyotes, coons, etc at least around here are classified as varmints and do not require a license to hunt.

How much of a difference does the objective size really make on IR? I know on NV its makes a big difference. Also have the same question about better resolution but lower frame rate like Crang.

Glad I only like a couple hours south of yall, when Im ready to purchase Id like to come up and check them out in person before buying.

That's because you cant legally hunt game animals. Hogs, coyotes, coons, etc at least around here are classified as varmints and do not require a license to hunt.

Texas has changed regs recently due to demand on many traditionally not hunted animals (they want their cut).

In Texas you can legally hunt all animals with Thermal or NV. Most can also be hunted with any legal firearm - rifle shotgun Machine Gun, RPG, silencer, etc. Some restrictions on game animals such as no MG, etc. Generally no mag limits either except some migratory game birds.

Coyotes are non-game animals

Coons are Fur bearing animals

Hogs are exotics.

License is required for all unless farmer/rancher to stop/prevent damage or death to livestock.

Regs are here-

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/cs_bk_k0700_284_2013_2014.pdf

Last edited:
    I'm with a couple others. Why would or should I get the bigger lens in the 320 version? Farther detection range? Finer temp display? Tacticool factor?

I'm with a couple others. Why would or should I get the bigger lens in the 320 version? Farther detection range? Finer temp display? Tacticool factor?

For everything mentioned above, only loss would be some FOV but the tradeoff of the larger lens system would be worth it, priceless....

Thanks sky pup. Also am I reading this right? The 35mm lens rs 32 is 2.25-9x? If so is that a mechanical zoom or digital? Also would it be 320 resolution on 2.25x?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm more of a night vision guy than thermal.

FLIR ThermoSight® R-Series

Looks great! I think this will do to the price and quality what has happened to flat screen TV's.

I hope so. They are still out of my price range. I make a good living but until they hit the 2.5K mark I'm not in the market. Anything over that for a toy I just can't justify.