• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New FN Scar 6.5 Creedmoor….. need all the input

Jcarrillo2008

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2017
7D11DBE3-8EE4-44BC-8153-70C7ABFA8277.jpeg

Thank you guys in advance …… just wanted to hop on here and get some input from the wise. I just picked up a Scar 20S in 6.5 creedmoor and put on a scope I had laying around for the moment which is a Sig Tango 4 4-16x44 and also got my hybrid 46 mounted as well. I’m new to the 6.5 cartridge and wondering what some of you guys are running suppressed out there ?

I’m wanting to use it for some hunting …… max 600 yds I would say. I’ve heard some feedback about these things running a little finicky suppressed and wanting to know if there are any updates I should make on the rifle before diving in ?

All feedback is appreciated!

Cheers !

You don’t work in the movie industry by any chance, do you?

C41BDB90-216B-41C3-BF30-E13AFB0B4212.jpeg

Creedmoor, eh?

On a serious note, check and make sure that optic is going to handle the SCAR bolt impulse. Not sure who makes SIG’s optics. But you don’t want internal damage.

I have a hybrid on my .308 and it works as well as a .30 suppressor does. Which is mainly… takes the edge off. SCAR’s are nice shooting rifles.

Sirhr

Should put the new ZCO 2-16 on when it comes out.

ELD, AMAX , and VMAX work very well for killing things.
I’ll have to look into these, thanks
You don’t work in the movie industry by any chance, do you?

View attachment 7848014

Creedmoor, eh?

On a serious note, check and make sure that optic is going to handle the SCAR bolt impulse. Not sure who makes SIG’s optics. But you don’t want internal damage.

I have a hybrid on my .308 and it works as well as a .30 suppressor does. Which is mainly… takes the edge off. SCAR’s are nice shooting rifles.

Sirhr
I appreciate the feedback, what ammo are you running ? Have you had to change anything for it to run suppressed without any problems?

The big thing with the SCAR 20 running 6.5 CM is pierced primers, the same issue that other semi auto’s have with the cartridge. You should also be aware that if you are running it suppressed you void your warranty, which is truly a ridiculous stance for FN to take. I run both 6.5 and 308 through mine, suppressed and haven’t had issues.

Reactions: TheHorta
The big thing with the SCAR 20 running 6.5 CM is pierced primers, the same issue that other semi auto’s have with the cartridge. You should also be aware that if you are running it suppressed you void your warranty, which is truly a ridiculous stance for FN to take. I run both 6.5 and 308 through mine, suppressed and haven’t had issues.

I appreciate that info, what scope are you running ? Those are some awesome pictures by the way

OSS 762 QD TI or CGS Hyperion K would be my choice for a SCAR personally. OSS would have the least amount of blowback and bolt speed increase however the Hyperion K would be great in the suppressed setting. Hyperion K would be quieter, shorter and lighter.

I wouldn't use anything that isn't high flow rate as it's very gas sensitive and especially because FN voids warranty with silencer use. If you do use a higher back pressure can you can change gas jets as well if that interests you.

If something does break clean the shit out of it and put the stock muzzle device on it before shipping it in. Do not tell them you suppressed the rifle.

Reactions: Jcarrillo2008

Seriously?! They have a frickin’ gas adjustment on their damn rifle for running suppressed. How idiotic could that stance be?!

Reactions: Jcarrillo2008