• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New from Central Illinois

McNamara0851

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2014
My name is Preston, I'm about 20 minutes north east of Bloomington Normal. I've browsed the forum here and there and figured I would make an account. I grew up predominantly hunting upland and shooting trap and skeet. In the last few years I have focused more on pistol shooting and dabbled with 3 gun, and have taken a lot more interest in my rifles. I would like to put together a nice shooter for medium range that I will be able to take on a hunt out west when the opportunity arises. I am leaning towards 7mm or 300wm at the moment, but am trying to better educate myself on what I am looking for before I build another rifle. I spend a lot of time coyote hunting now that the upland game in my area is getting thin and I would like to become more proficient with some of the rifles I already own. I'm fairly new to reloading as well, so I will be using this forum as a learning tool. Thanks in advance for the information.

Heres a few photos of the reloading room and a few of the rifles I've put together recently
8ejaqy3y.jpg

megasy4a.jpg

mupeqyzy.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, I can't edit my post from my phone to add to the last post. Don't judge my light setup, I do a lot of night hunting by myself so I have to settle for tacticool or grow another set of hands. The 20" is just a rock river 5.56 with a m223 scope. The 16" is a 300 blk craddock precision upper on a seekins lower with a Gisselle SSAe trigger and a 4x32 acog etc. The bolt gun is a savage model 12 with a cheapo 6-24 bsa. The coyote in the picture was the longest shot I've made on a dog at 335 yds with the RRA. I took it right behind my house where I do a majority of my rifle shooting. I can shoot on the lane 4-600 yds comfortably