• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New from CO

Lead Sled

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2024
Colorado
Hello all. New long range shooter from CO. I have been lurking here for a while and have found the information to be extremely helpful so I thought it was time to join the forum. I have been to several Introduction to PRS courses on the front range, and am planning to attend a couple of local one day matches in the coming months. Just looking to absorb more info about how to be successful in starting out in long range.

I put together a Tikka T3X CTR in 6.5CM, with a Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 4.5-27x56 in a KRG Bravo chassis to start. I really like it, it's a hammer with hand loads. Glad to be here.

Welcome...the best way to figure it out is to show up at a match. Below are a few places that may be in your area:

Hosers Steel [email protected]

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Thanks for the info! Yes, plan to get to as many matches as possible. I have been in touch with folks from BCGC, Pikes Peak and WYCO PRL, all very welcoming. I'll be shooting matches at the various ranges over the next few months.

In addition to my rifle, I've got confirmed data for my loads out to 1K yards, a bag, a DOPE card holder, and some binos for spotting, just based on lessons learned from the train ups I have done. Hoping to get out and have some success.

Reactions: ballisticdaddy
Thanks for the info! Yes, plan to get to as many matches as possible. I have been in touch with folks from BCGC, Pikes Peak and WYCO PRL, all very welcoming. I'll be shooting matches at the various ranges over the next few months.

In addition to my rifle, I've got confirmed data for my loads out to 1K yards, a bag, a DOPE card holder, and some binos for spotting, just based on lessons learned from the train ups I have done. Hoping to get out and have some success.
That's a great start, you can try out most things at a match before you have to buy them! #buyoncecryonce

Reactions: Lead Sled
People from CO are sketchy…..

Welcome.

There are some mellow club matches and fun spots to shoot steel to practice too.

In the 3rd world metro area, are you close to Denver?

• Haha
Reactions: ballisticdaddy

Welcome!

If you don't have one, get some type of pod (not bipod) as well. I see so many folks show up to matches with just a bipod and a bag, and then have to nervously borrow someone else's pod for those sections of stages.