• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New from germany

seawolf74

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2019
Hi all,

I am a former soldier with operations from ex Yugoslavia to Afgahnistan. As a soldier I lived, loved and shot with G22 (.300) and M82 as well as AW50 ( .50). Today I go hunting and shooting for fun and to stay fit. For hunting deer, big game and shooting range (300-800m), I run a Tikka CTR in .308. For the drive hunt I use an MSR-10 Hunter in .308 and this year I will buy an AR-15 for predators and small game. (pictures will come)

I'm lurking here for a few years and now I have the time and inclination to be more active. In addition, there are 2 rifle projects ...

Thanks for letting me join and stay safe!

Welcome from Texas.

Please send beer and brochen for my breakfast.

Reactions: seawolf74
Welcome to what I will say is the most complete respository of information on the subject of Precision Shooting We Have Here In USA.

So do you guys use Mils or Moa? My cuzzywuz in Munich is unfortunately disarmed and uninformed.

Naturally I say this because Germany has a drastically different "Mindset" than America. And I won't elaborate further because I don't know anymore to speak with authority.

Make no mistake uninformed/small minded individuals. As an American citizen by birth I will NEVER leave this country that I love and will defend it from ALL comers to my last dying breath.

USA is my country now and I hold dear the freedoms that we enjoy....

Sorry to have to post all the "preclaimers" but it "tempers" the steel here. And I like that...

I really should have made my statement above more concise. SO yeah I'll use my current precision rifle build as the excuse :cautious:

So do you guys use Mils or Moa? My cuzzywuz in Munich is unfortunately disarmed and uninformed.

That's because i'm here. In germany we lost a lot of knowledge in shooting, gun handling and so on. Outside the army, there are only a few people who know was they do. The reason is our restrictive weapons law and the politics ...

I learned precision shooting in the army. In the 90' the training was mostly in MOA, but we had/have MIL reticles ... we learned to do the math. Due our metric system and the easier calculation of distances in meter, I prefer MIL.

Naturally I say this because Germany has a drastically different "Mindset" than America. And I won't elaborate further because I don't know anymore to speak with authority.

I think you have to differentiate here, one is the official mindset and media, the other is that in the last 2 years there are more and more gun owners (shooters, hunters). There is a rethink in the people not in the governement ...

Reactions: blackops_1
Same Goes got The Netherlands, I would add some Ketel one liquer and some really Nice cheese to that package.... in Exchange for... your gun laws and 2nd:)

Goldene Rose?

Cant remember.

I do remember the restaurant was an old stone building with a big ass wood door.

Everyone sat at common long wooden tables.

Waiters were all men wearing brown leather aprons.

Menu was a Guttenburg Bible looking book with leather covering, meals were heavy in the carnivore variety foods.

Interior was dark and medieval.

Food was served on giant wood trenchers and utensils were again medieval.

Beef I had was excellent and the lagers complimented it well.

Reactions: timesublime
Servus from a swabian that calls Tennessee home since 9 years.

Hi all,

I am a former soldier with operations from ex Yugoslavia to Afgahnistan. As a soldier I lived, loved and shot with G22 (.300) and M82 as well as AW50 ( .50). Today I go hunting and shooting for fun and to stay fit. For hunting deer, big game and shooting range (300-800m), I run a Tikka CTR in .308. For the drive hunt I use an MSR-10 Hunter in .308 and this year I will buy an AR-15 for predators and small game. (pictures will come)

I'm lurking here for a few years and now I have the time and inclination to be more active. In addition, there are 2 rifle projects ...

Thanks for letting me join and stay safe!

Welcome from Colorado.

That's because i'm here. In germany we lost a lot of knowledge in shooting, gun handling and so on. Outside the army, there are only a few people who know was they do. The reason is our restrictive weapons law and the politics ...

I learned precision shooting in the army. In the 90' the training was mostly in MOA, but we had/have MIL reticles ... we learned to do the math. Due our metric system and the easier calculation of distances in meter, I prefer MIL.

I think you have to differentiate here, one is the official mindset and media, the other is that in the last 2 years there are more and more gun owners (shooters, hunters). There is a rethink in the people not in the governement ...

----------
the last 2 years there are more and more gun owners (shooters, hunters). There is a rethink in the people not in the governement ...
----------

That is great to hear. In most places, people get what they vote for and I hope that more German citizens who are serious about their freedom and national traditions will put pressure on their government to further endorse gun ownership, especially in the current political climate which I know is very harmful to a lot of good folks.

Welcome to the Hide.

i am also aware that Germany has started, and still maintain a history and tradition of long range rifle shooting. I had built a long range, fast-twist, .45 caliber Hawken style percussion rifle several years ago for a man visiting the US who was from Germany and who participates in Schuetzenfest competitions and Schuetzen-approved rifles must be built according to strict guidelines down to the forearms and triggerguards. (The one I built for him wasn't a Schuetzen gun.)

The one thing that struck me was when he had told me how he wished he could carry a handgun with him on his person for defense back in his country. From what he told me, the laws for carry permits there are just as 'limited issue' and restrictive as those of metro NYC (the 5 boroughs). Is that still the case right now?

That is great to hear. In most places, people get what they vote for and I hope that more German citizens who are serious about their freedom and national traditions will put pressure on their government to further endorse gun ownership, especially in the current political climate which I know is very harmful to a lot of good folks.

The more the left/green pressure up, the greater the resistance. This year will be elected in 3 federal states. Already today the discussion is great that 1/3 of the people will choose the AFD. AFD is a middle right wing party. People are getting tired of the government's patronage and grip in their pockets. On the other hand, there are just as many left and green ... in 5 years the country will be split into 2 camps ...

The one thing that struck me was when he had told me how he wished he could carry a handgun with him on his person for defense back in his country. From what he told me, the laws for carry permits there are just as 'limited issue' and restrictive as those of metro NYC (the 5 boroughs). Is that still the case right now?

To understand our gun law there is a little bit history:

From the middle ages to the year 1928, the common people were not allowed to own weapons. The monarchs and governments were too scared. In the Weimar Republic was set a law that you could buy weapons and ammunition. Anyone who wanted to have a weapon had to apply for it and was registered. Then as now, the gun owner must have certain "soft" criteria. Reliability and need. Depending on this, the government can always refuse and withdraw your gun ownership. She just needs to say you are not reliable - at that time like today.

From 1946 to 1952, the Allies issued Control Council Order No. 2, which prohibited any person or authority from possessing arms to enforce disarmament. Since 1956, private individuals have been allowed to own firearms for "private use". Since then, the weapons law is becoming increasingly restrictive. Today for example, you are not allowed to carry knives or screwdrivers in certain areas of cities ... :rolleyes: ... There are only the criminal with illegal weapons on the way (y):cool::p

You have to understand there has never been a right to carry guns in public and we did not have a 2nd ... Simply, you can only carry a weapon if you are a shooter: from home to the shooting range, as a hunter: from home to your hunting area, gunsmith and shooting range and so on ... but this means transport no carry

Your weapon could not ready to fire:
  1. unloaded
  2. possibly existing magazines may not be filled)
  3. transport in a sealed container
  4. Ammunition ist to seperated from your gun (2. bag )
In principle, there is a lot more to consider, for example in dealing with black powder, etc. but that should be enough for now.

The lion has to go to chained ;)

The more the left/green pressure up, the greater the resistance. This year will be elected in 3 federal states. Already today the discussion is great that 1/3 of the people will choose the AFD. AFD is a middle right wing party. People are getting tired of the government's patronage and grip in their pockets. On the other hand, there are just as many left and green ... in 5 years the country will be split into 2 camps ...

To understand our gun law there is a little bit history:

From the middle ages to the year 1928, the common people were not allowed to own weapons. The monarchs and governments were too scared. In the Weimar Republic was set a law that you could buy weapons and ammunition. Anyone who wanted to have a weapon had to apply for it and was registered. Then as now, the gun owner must have certain "soft" criteria. Reliability and need. Depending on this, the government can always refuse and withdraw your gun ownership. She just needs to say you are not reliable - at that time like today.

From 1946 to 1952, the Allies issued Control Council Order No. 2, which prohibited any person or authority from possessing arms to enforce disarmament. Since 1956, private individuals have been allowed to own firearms for "private use". Since then, the weapons law is becoming increasingly restrictive. Today for example, you are not allowed to carry knives or screwdrivers in certain areas of cities ... :rolleyes: ... There are only the criminal with illegal weapons on the way (y):cool::p

You have to understand there has never been a right to carry guns in public and we did not have a 2nd ... Simply, you can only carry a weapon if you are a shooter: from home to the shooting range, as a hunter: from home to your hunting area, gunsmith and shooting range and so on ... but this means transport no carry

Your weapon could not ready to fire:
  1. unloaded
  2. possibly existing magazines may not be filled)
  3. transport in a sealed container
  4. Ammunition ist to seperated from your gun (2. bag )
In principle, there is a lot more to consider, for example in dealing with black powder, etc. but that should be enough for now.

The lion has to go to chained ;)

Thanks for the information. You really broke it down piece by piece right there.

I have always known that Germany's gun control laws were a byproduct of the feudal era of the knightly aristocracy, who found the notion of an armed civilian population abhorrent. When Schuetzen began in the 1500's, churchmen tried to forbid the practice, citing that only "the work of Satan" can make a lead projectile accurate out to a mile, using the brimstone odor of burning gunpowder to justify their reasoning. Of course, these churchmen were also part of the chivalric aristocracy. Seeing that a common farmer with a simple tool can now kill a fully armored knight from 800 yards away had alarmed these noblemen to unimaginable degrees. Contrary to what historians write about, the Renaissance was a far more oppressive and elitist time in Europe than the supposed "Dark Ages", when the relatively more freedom of thought laid the groundwork for important future scientific discoveries.

The origins of Germany's weapons laws are very similar to those of Japan. They dated straight from an era of feudal aristocratic rule. But unlike Germany, Japan is far more harsh. To this day, civilians are completely forbidden from owning firearms, swords, and bows. They are all considered "noble" weapons of the Samurai and somehow, these laws had made it right past the Meiji Restoration of 1867, two world wars, Allied administration, and postwar industrial/technological rebirth and dominance fully intact.

I know I'm late to the party but! Welcome aboard!

IMG_2919.JPG