• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New from Iowa

eurotrash

Private
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2024
Iowa
Hey everyone. I am a relatively new shooter and want to get into long range. I just put together my first sniper rifle, a 6.5 Creedmoor, so I thought it would be a good time to join the hide. I look forward to learning from everyone’s experience.

full

Welcome. Any places to shoot long range in central to north eastern Iowa?
There is a place by Ackley Iowa that goes to 600 I believe. They have covered shooting stations as well as pistol / shotgun stuff.

Winterset has a long range as well but I’ve never been there.

Otherwise, make friends with a farmer!

Reactions: xsn10s
There is a place by Ackley Iowa that goes to 600 I believe. They have covered shooting stations as well as pistol / shotgun stuff.

Winterset has a long range as well but I’ve never been there.

Otherwise, make friends with a farmer!
Thanks for the tip. We haven't lived there in 50 years. But one could make new friends in time.

Reactions: rlsmith1
High lakes outdoor alliance in Afton has a been just shy of 800. Really nice range with steel. Sureshot range in mt auburn is great and there is a brand new range in diagonal that is hosting the first prs pro series event here in 2 weeks. Looks like it’ll be the longest range in Iowa ( that I’m aware of).

What part of Iowa are you in? I’m in Des Moines.

High lakes outdoor alliance in Afton has a been just shy of 800. Really nice range with steel. Sureshot range in mt auburn is great and there is a brand new range in diagonal that is hosting the first prs pro series event here in 2 weeks. Looks like it’ll be the longest range in Iowa ( that I’m aware of).

Any info on that event?

I am in Iowa City, so High Lakes is a 3 hour drive.