• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New from MI

burandt.aj

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2017
Hello, new from MI!

Just wanted to start with some basics. When I am looking at some of the forums what do people mean when they say "bump" "up" "hold" "PM"

I guess I am starting with the VERY basics. Thanks!

It would be easier to help you identify the meaning of the words you are asking about if you included some context they were used in however I'll take a stab at it.
Bump, generally used to indicate the amount of setback to a cartridge case when reloading. Normally measured in thousandths.
Up, probably relating to how much one comes "up" in their scope setting/sight picture, etc. Normally referred to in the context of "mils" or "moa".
Hold, again, dealing with how much one may be "holding" up, down, left or right of their target in mils or moa.
PM, I'm guessing this is referring to a "private message" which you can send to another forum member.

Yes, very basic stuff. Do a lot of reading here & more of the nomenclature here will start to make sense. Ask Google too (or SIRI). Good luck & for further questions use the context that was used in a particular word you are interested in.

Thanks for the reply. I should have put the context. I was talking about on the forums to sell/trade stuff. I am looking for an optic for my new Desert Tech SRS-A1 and was getting confused on some of the posts with those terms being used.