• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW FROM MINNESOTA

Anyone going shooting today?
Screenshot_20210207-083932_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hi all – I recently returned to MN after my time in the Marine Corps and finishing school out East. Looking for a place to place to hopefully keep shooting steel at range around here. I live in Minneapolis, and have been looking into GRRC, FLSC, etc. but specifically am looking to shoot steel at least 600 yards out if that is possible anywhere within an hour or so of the cities. To be honest, the idea of going back to pulling/marking targets doesn't seem that fun (so avoiding duties with that would be preferred) and nothing beats the "ring" of steel. Any chance anyone could point me towards some spots to do so? I have my own steel, etc. it's just been hard to find out what options are out there and what the realities of dealing with certain club rules might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GRRC has targets out to 1k. But they're paper.

On most Tuesday nights you can show up and practice out to 1k and they usually have a piece or two of steel to shoot at.

GRRC allows prone and positional shooting, as well as bench.

If you want to practice any type of positional, scratch FLSC off your list.

I live not 1/2 mile from it and went there last year for hunter sight in days.

Their 400 yard range has to be shot from a bench, through a concrete culvert.

I decided not to join after waiting on a list for 16 months just because this reason.

Reactions: CWik
So they do have a few electronic targets that are usually out.

You put an app on your phone which will show you the POI, and it will also record your velocity at that distance.

But, you'll need to prove to someone that your dope is correct because they operate using microphones on the corners and they don't want anyone to shoot them.

The time that I was there, I think I paid five bucks to shoot, but I was able to use the e targets.

There was four lanes I think that had them set up.

@MinnesotaMulisha – thank you so much for the info. Exactly what I was looking to hear. I'll reach out to GRRC to see what specifically they need from me to make it happen sometime soon. Always open to any more suggestions if there some!

@CWik feel free to PM me if you have any questions about becoming a member.

You do have to have a sponsor that is currently a member and I'm more than happy to help.

Hey @MinnesotaMulisha – thinking about stopping-by GRRC this weekend to see if they'd let me gather some data on my gun. Is there a good POC, that you know of, who I should reach out to so I can clear anything up they need beforehand?

Unless you're with a member, you're SOL as far as I know.

I was thinking about heading up Sunday for a bit and doing some work on the 200 yard range

If you're interested in meeting me up there, send me a PM and we can work out the details.

Got it – so only Tuesdays for long range are the open to the public nights then, huh?

As far as I know, but I'm rather new still so I don't know all the ins and outs quite yet.

If you go on their website you can see the calendar and it will have all the events listed. I'm pretty sure anything on the calendar is open to the public with the exception of board meetings.