• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New from Roanoke!

ZManiac

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2013
Roanoke, VA
Pleased to join from Roanoke,Va. Found out that you can shoot further than the 30-100 yds that I've hunted deer for many years in the woods here. Also found out that it takes more than just a rifle to do so, and having a lot of fun learning and getting on out there at longer ranges. I'm a doc by trade, so science is natural to me, and working up ballistics for my rifle is like an experiment with all the typical elements - setting up a test of a certain function, exacting measurements, specialized equipment, careful observation, logging, and, of course, trial and error.

Thanks to all here for the advise and info, have helped me a lot so far!

-ZManiac

Hi doc! i see your from roanoke im from Bassett, about an hour from you. you guys got any nice shooting ranges up there?

Izaac Walton League has a pistol/rifle range w/ gongs out to 250yds. Roanoke Rifle and revolvers has a number of separate ranges, w/ long range going out to 500.

Hi doc! i see your from roanoke im from Bassett, about an hour from you. you guys got any nice shooting ranges up there?