• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New From Texas

adam1972

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2020
North Houston Area. Been shooting and hunting since i was 5 but new to Long Range shooting and reloading.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Welcome from Spring as well. Wish there were more ranges in close proximity on this side of town for longer range shooting.

Welcome from Spring as well. Wish there were more ranges in close proximity on this side of town for longer range shooting.

Where do you shoot?

For a quick trip I usually go to Trinity armory in Cleveland. They go to 300y.

ASC takes me an hour to get 600y.

Where do you shoot?

For a quick trip I usually go to Trinity armory in Cleveland. They go to 300y.

ASC takes me an hour to get 600y.
I have never been there but sounds like I need to go check it out. I normally shoot at the ranch up north in Normangee or at our lease in south Tx but would like to find a place closer for plinking. Will definitely check out trinity armory. Do they have annual fees or is it just a come and go place.

I have never been there but sounds like I need to go check it out. I normally shoot at the ranch up north in Normangee or at our lease in south Tx but would like to find a place closer for plinking. Will definitely check out trinity armory. Do they have annual fees or is it just a come and go place.

Trinity is 20 dollars for all day, unlimited guns. A few steel targets at 200 and 300.

Trinity is 20 dollars for all day, unlimited guns. A few steel targets at 200 and 300.
Thanks for the heads up on this place. I just looked it up and will definitely be paying a visit very soon. It’s only 30 minutes from me. I’m right off of 99 and Rayford. It takes almost that long to get to Carter’s country or thunder.

Harmony? ST? Benders? Fox Run? Dang near neighbors haha. Send me a message if you head that way and I might be able to meet up at the range.

Over in ST.
Awesome man. We will definitely have to hit the range some time soon. Now I am anxious to check this place out in Cleveland. Waiting on a new 6.5 grendel to come in Any day now from the smith and will be doing some range time very soon.

Reactions: Bradv86
Hey guys, I'll be moving to The Woodlands, TX at the end of the year and wondering what long-distance shooting range are in the area. Is there any BLM land to shoot on?

Hey guys, I'll be moving to The Woodlands, TX at the end of the year and wondering what long-distance shooting range are in the area. Is there any BLM land to shoot on?

BLM not that I know of.

Trinity armory is nice for a quick trip to 300y.

ASC is an hour drive and goes to 600.

Those are both day rate places.

If you want longer distance you'll have to go with a membership, or find someone with private property most likely.

BLM not that I know of.

If you want longer distance you'll have to go with a membership, or find someone with private property most likely.
Thanks.
Just curious, do you know how many acres can you legally shoot on property in TX?

BLM not that I know of.

I’m also new to the site but I’m about 2 and a half hours north of Houston in Nacogdoches. There’s a couple ranges close but most say they are less than stellar and overpriced. I checked one out but it was all paper targets and I’m looking to shoot steel for easily identifiable hits. I’ve bought a couple gongs and target stands and set up my own lane on the deer lease. Makes for odd ranges but the added challenge of shooting unknown distances at different angles is good experience. It’s hill country here so I’m shooting from one hill top to hill faces at varying ranges.

Reactions: aero22abflight
Thanks.
Just curious, do you know how many acres can you legally shoot on property in TX?
Welcome to the area. Born and raised in these parts. I have always heard 13 acres to legally shoot a rifle in Tx. Don’t quote me on that though. Just a rumor I have always heard.