• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New From Utah

billygoatninja88

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2014
north west
I am from Magna, Utah. I have loved firearms since I can remember. Wanted to join the military since I can remember. Got married then a year and three months later joined the Marine Corps, sadly I'm a POG, oh well my back and knees will thank me, its been interesting ever since though. I don't know if its my cup of tea but it was worth the drink. All I have at the moment is a mosin type 53 with a ati stock but plan on some other mods. I would post a picture but I'm not sure how to on the mobile site.

Last edited:
Welcome! I'm from St. George. Live in Lehi right now, want to move to Springville ASAP!

I figured it out!!!

IMG_20140927_175532628.jpg

That's a sweet little rifle man! Here is a pic of my current rifle. I've a got a bipod and an adjustable kydex cheekpiece on the way. Still figuring out what glass I want on it.

DSCN0620_zps2ab1a96e.jpg

I'm not sure what I want to do with mine. I know I want glass and kind of have an idea. I all be surprised if I get OK accuracy out to 500 yards with it after that.

I'm not sure $500 maybe I was thinking a ss 10x42 because it has a retarded amount of adjustment and the fact that its only a 20 inch barrel and a mosin and it's not worth spending tons of money for me. I haven't looked lately but if I remember a ss 10x is way less then that.

A SWFA SS 10x42 is $299. That is what I am going to put on my Ruger Predator in .308. I'm just deciding what magnification.

I think 10x is plenty for me I have to shoot up to 500 yards every year with a 4x acog or RCO and do just fine with that.

Military?

10x should be fine. I'm waiting for the new Ruger American Ranch rifle that is a 16" 5.56 gun that I'm going to either put a 4x or 6x on. Good luck!

Yeah. I wouldn't suggest an acog unless you want something pretty much bulletproof. They get the job done but there is better quality glass for just as much or less.

Welcome! Thanks for your service. I agree that the SS fixed 10X will be perfect for what you want to do with the rifle. No need to spend more and very rugged scope with great warranty. Good luck!