• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zermatt Arms

Machining Accuracy
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2017
Bennet, NE
www.bighornarms.com
Introducing the RimX action from Zermatt Arms.

www.rimxaction.com

- Remington 700 Footprint
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Nitrided, chromoly reciever
- Nitrided bolt body
- DLC Coated Bolt Head
- Non-protruding, fixed extractor
- 6 o'clock firing pin
- Tool-less bolt disassembly
- Interchangeable bolt heads
- 22 LR / 17 Mach 2
- 17 HMR
- 17 WSM
- 7075 Aluminum 10 round magazine (anodized)
- Pre-fit, shouldered barrels available
- $1150 / ea. Includes (1) magazine

Check out the website for more information regarding the product!

Attachments

• RimX-5.jpg
    RimX-5.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 1,714
  • RimX-21.jpg
    RimX-21.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 1,694
Last edited:
Awesome work! The interchangeable bolt head will be a huge win for the rim fire market.

Will you be releasing price point of action and mags? Also ETA or do we have to wait till SHOT?

Reactions: Quest1000
Looks like a great option. The magazine looks like a slightly altered Vudoo mag, are you partnered with them for magazine production? I saw @RAVAGE88 talking about their partnership with Curtis too so that would be cool. The rimfire world seems to be more collaborative than centerfires.

Last edited:
That is correct. Action and (1) aluminum magazine. Barrels will be available through your gunsmith or dealer of choice just like a center fire custom build.

We have the programming done and I'm cutting myself a couple barrels this weekend for the 2 actions I have on order.
With all the busy things coming out in the action market I'm excited to see how 2020 comes to fruition.

Well done, @Zermatt Arms I am really excited to see this hit the shelves!

This is awesome! Knocking it out of the park. Im told I have one coming from Zermatt for a full review and testing! Will get with @Frank Green over at Bartlein to get a blank for this action for the review! Stay tuned!!! As always, big thanks to Aaron, Ray and the entire team @Zermatt Arms !!!

Last edited:
What a great time to be alive and a rimfire shooter. I have a feeling we are going to start seeing more and more innovation. Time to step away from the old ways and start progressing.

Reactions: drglock and brianf
This is control round fed

Throw angle is the same as the other Zermatt actions

Thanks, I'm not too familiar with ZAI, I think they partner with BigHorn? So they make the Big Horn Origin which is a 3 lug, not sure what throw angle it is...I'm guessing 70ish?
Zematt is the unbrella that Bighorn (among other brands) falls under

The rimxaction.com website photo of a round being chambered will give justin amateur nightmares.

What about a thread with the Great Rimfire Shootout. The 6 x 5 Challenge at 50, 100 and 200 yd between Vudoo, Curtis, Bergara and RimX using prone position, bipod and tactical rear bag. Any scope, any ammo. Stifle the blather, play the game for bragging rights.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm not too familiar with ZAI, I think they partner with BigHorn? So they make the Big Horn Origin which is a 3 lug, not sure what throw angle it is...I'm guessing 70ish?

ZA is the parent company of Bighorn but they recently announce they are dropping the Bighorn name and branding all further actions as Zermatt Arms.

They do make the Origin but it's a two lug 90 degree throw. Also, the Origin does not have any Bighorn branding on it.

Weight? Will it be about the same as the vudoo and bergara?
Not sure on the others weights, but we're just producing actions and magazines. So it's going to be tough to compare without a barrel attached.

If I had to guess, I'd say about 34 oz's because there is far less material removed in the ejection port and magazine well.

Reactions: Frankr
Not sure on the others weights, but we're just producing actions and magazines. So it's going to be tough to compare without a barrel attached.

If I had to guess, I'd say about 34 oz's because there is far less material removed in the ejection port and magazine well.

Thanks

A question regarding barrels

What’s the cost for the prefit barrels and how hard is it to change (ie 2 grub screws like the CZ455/457?)?

I love swapping barrels on my CZs so this is very interesting

Thanks

A question regarding barrels

What’s the cost for the prefit barrels and how hard is it to change (ie 2 grub screws like the CZ455/457?)?

I love swapping barrels on my CZs so this is very interesting

It's a shouldered barrel. So you swap barrels just like a centerfire action. Shouldered barrel, torque it on. No grub screws.

Reactions: Frankr and BWB
It's a shouldered barrel. So you swap barrels just like a centerfire action. Shouldered barrel, torque it on. No grub screws.

When you buy a shouldered barrel that means it has to be headspaced from the factory right? So I'd just request it to be headspaced for like Lapua/SK ammo versus Eley.

When you buy a shouldered barrel that means it has to be headspaced from the factory right? So I'd just request it to be headspaced for like Lapua/SK ammo versus Eley.

This action has a tenon print just like a TL3. So Smith's can make prefit barrels that will headspace when torqued on without the action in hand.

Now, what chamber they cut into the barrel and what they set headspace to is an entirely different topic that can be discussed to death. I have my own custom 22lr reamer I had made and I designate the headspace I want it set to...

What 22lr reamer your Smith uses is between you and them. Might be a Bentz, EPS, Lilja, Win52D, PTG Match, etc..

So not a big 22 guy, yet, but here's the dumb question...

If this is a firing pin driven rimfire with a bayonet fire control assembly can you dryfire this or can you damage it like the older Rugers?

So, does this action open things up for a true long range rimfire cartridge?

.17hmr necked to 20 cal slinging high bc 60 grainers perhaps?

Wouldn’t that be cool....