• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Frontier GTG?

RichS

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2001
PG County Maryland
Hey all,
Instead of further polluting the billet thread, I just thought I start my own. Are the New Frontier Armory G4 lowers good to go? Also looking at JL Billet, but not sure if they’re worth the premium.

I really like the features they’re offering on that, especially the captive Takedown Pin detent and spring channel, the channel for ambi bolt catch/release (looks like PDQ-compatible), upper tensioning screw, and flared mag well. I also like the lightening cuts and machining.

g4lower-1-scaled-e1579502291143__58337.1701293738.jpg

Looks like a successor to the 2A Balios Lite in many ways with ambi features to boot.

Iv’e got one of their other receiver sets on the way so I’ll have some hands-on opinion of their quality/fit/feel/finish soon.

can't speak to their lowers but their x39 barrels were the absolute best

GTG from everything I've seen. They kinda set the standard for billet PCC dedicated lowers a few years back.

Welp, I went with the JL. It comes with the ambi already installed and by the time I buy one and add it to the NFA, the cost diff isn't that much. Then again, I'll probably end up with a G4 anyway ;)

Just got a receiver set from them. I like it, especially the takedown pin captive spring with set screw. That should be the standard for all lowers as you never have to worry about it again once installed.