• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Down South

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2012
New Iberia, Louisiana
My new FTR rig built by Precision Rifle and Tool in NC. Thanks again Ray for the sweet rig, i smile everytime i look at her......lol

308 Win
Precision Rifle and Tool FTR Stock with all the hardware (Royal Camo Laminate)
Stolle Panda F Class polished action
Brux heavy palma contour 30 inch barrel (Two barrels with different twist)
Jewel Trigger
Nightforce NXS 12 X 42 X 56mm NPR1 Reticle
Nightforce Rings

Last edited:
All i've done so far with it is barrel break in and the start of load work and it looks like its gonna shoot for sure. The rifle feels great and it tracks very well. I really like the design of the stock. They did a first class job building it, fit and finish is great.

You gonna shoot it at the August match?

No Rick, I won't have time to get it dialed in before the next match as i wont have time to shoot at all this weekend and shooting during the week is out of the question at the moment. I'm just gonna shoot the old gun as all the brass is already prepped and ready to load. If it shoots like it did in the last match i'll be a happy camper. The new stick will definately be ready to rock for the September match. I'm seriously thinking about heading to Tennessee for the Long Range Championship if its ready.

Fellow South Louisianian here, if you don't mind my jumping into the thread, where are you guys shooting the long range?

Fellow South Louisianian here, if you don't mind my jumping into the thread, where are you guys shooting the long range?

Palo Alto in Donaldsonville LA. is where we shoot every month, its considered mid-range (600 yards). Very nice place to shoot, well organized matches with very nice folks. Its a great match with tough competition, come on out and shoot its a blast. As for 1000 yard matches, Bayou club just south of Houston is very nice and not too far to drive. They put on a great match also. I shot their championship match in March and had a good time and met some really nice guys. Pascagoula MS. puts on a 1000 yard match also but i've never shot there. Im really wanting to get up to Tennessee for their state championship match at 1000 yards, i think its labor day weekend. Thats gonna be a good one also with stiff competition and from the pics i saw of the range on another forum its a awesome place.

Last edited:
I've got all the components together for another build to shoot the heavies but my smith has been down on his health lately. This makes me just wish it was already together even more.

What chamber spec that you ream those barrel?

The reamer he used had a 341.25 neck and he used a throating reamer to give me the desired freebore i wanted from the dummy rounds I sent him. One barrel is setup for the 185s/200s and the other barrel is setup for the 230s. I shoot neck turned Lapua brass.

BLING BLING!! Ha. Jk. Great looking rifle. Hi Master is right around the corner!! For the guy who asked about Palo Alto... You'd better put your big boy pants on because its like shooting versus the Olympic team. Down South being one of those damned Olympians!! :)

BLING BLING!! Ha. Jk. Great looking rifle. Hi Master is right around the corner!! For the guy who asked about Palo Alto... You'd better put your big boy pants on because its like shooting versus the Olympic team. Down South being one of those damned Olympians!! :)
Yea he did that cause he is scared!:cool:

Yea, from what I've seen, you can shoot 3 cleans and still not be guaranteed first place on some days.

Yea, from what I've seen, you can shoot 3 cleans and still not be guaranteed first place on some days.

I mean you got guys shooting what I like to call " mini .300 win mags". :) Its a great place to learn though. People are really nice like Rick, who will help you ought if you have a question. My dumb ass had no idea what to do my first match but everybody showed me the ropes.
As far as tough competition , a few months ago I shot, it was a ROUGH day with the wind at 10-15 constantly shifting. I was shooting a 6.5 creedmor in an fpr match. I shot a 588 or a 589 and got my ass handed to me! 3rd place. The guys who beat me (,who are really cool guys (mark and tony) I don't even think they were all that serious. Great place to get "schooled " though because everyone there for the most part has something to offer in terms of learning.